Slendide washer winterization

Pokiejoe

Hi all and sorry for this post because I know it's on here but I just can't find it. Getting ready to winterize and need to know how to winterize the washer. Thanks in advance.

Last edited by a moderator:

porthole

Retired
Hi all and sorry for this post because I know it's on here but I just can't find it. Getting ready to winterize and need to know how to winterize the washer. Thanks in advance.

Is that a washing machine only or a splendide combo unit?

We have a combo and the machine will not recognize air pressure alone to operate. Don't know why, but I have to have water actually running to use the cycles.
To winterize ours I just fill a bucket with antifreeze and run a cycle, then pour another gallon in the drum.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Is that a washing machine only or a splendide combo unit?

We have a combo and the machine will not recognize air pressure alone to operate. Don't know why, but I have to have water actually running to use the cycles.
To winterize ours I just fill a bucket with antifreeze and run a cycle, then pour another gallon in the drum.

In the machine's manual, there is a specific cycle sequence to fully winterize it. And instructions for clearing it in the spring. Another thing about HE washers is that they don't like the FloodSaver type hoses. The sudden water demand causes the hose device to shut off the flow.