My 2017 Heartland Mallard M312 made exclusively for camping world is a lemon!

Johndev

My 2017 Heartland Mallard M312 made exclusively for camping world is a lemon!

I have had my Mallard M312 since Feb. 2017 (I bought it at Camping world OKC) I have taken it on a few trips. However before my first trip the fridge had a short. I took it back to Camping World in Denton, TX and they repaired it. They said it was a cut line from when they put the fridge in. On my Oct. 2017 trip I was in bed and started smelling propane. The outdoor store had a gas leak! (happy to still be alive!) That same trip my LED lights on my awning flickered and turned off. I took the RV to Camping world of Sherman, TX. They did all the repairs (said it had a broken like on the switch). I drove 100+ miles to a great little park in Fort Towson, OK on 12-16-17 to find that now the awning keeps blowing a fuse! (they just worked on the awning).

I like taking my nephews out RVing but I need to make sure they are safe and at this time I don't think my 2017 M312 is safe!

So my question. How can I get Heartland to send someone to look at my RV since I do not want to tow it 100+ more miles to a camping world.

I look forward to all input.

Very upset Heartland owner
John DeVallee
John@jt23.com

ram22

My new Heartland North Trail had the furnace stop lighting last spring. Actually, it would light but immediately shut down. Had to backtrack to a great little RV shop in Fort Bragg. They replaced the still almost brand new OEM thermocouple after finding... wait for it... a tool mark on one lead causing an intermittent short to ground.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
John, contact Heartland Customer Service after the holidays and get a recommendation of a nearby mobile service in your area. You will have to pay for the service call but Heartland will pay for the repair itself.

jimtoo

Heartland Customer Service, 574-262-8030 or 877-262-8032. Be sure you have your VIN when you call.

Thread moved to better area.

Jim M

Johndev

Also be aware the factory is shut down between Christmas and New Years.

I am sad to report after calling and leaving messages Heartland does not call back. I think I made a huge mistake buying my Heartland Mallard M312!

Looking for more advice on what to do next.

mat60

Love my new Hartland Trailrunner . Waiting for spring so in the mean time I been checking everything out and found my LP range was held in by only the gas line. :eek: They forgot to install the screws. I fixed it in less time than a trip 6 miles to the dealer. I don't feel the op has a lemon but sorry for your trouble.