Connecting to cable

RottsNScotts

Hi! I am trying cable for the first time as I got fed up with DISH!

However, I am having nothing but problems figuring out the wire hook ups!

As I look at the living room TV, to my left, there is a panel where the 3 colored - red, yellow and white- wires hook up. I got those!

Below that is another panel with a top and bottom co axial port.

On the same side of the TV, there is a top co axial port and another right below it.

Does the top wall coaxial connect to the top TV coaxial and the bottom wall to the bottom TV?

Also, on the Source list, my choices are :
TV
AV
Component
HDMI1
HDMI2
HDMI3
VGA
USB

Is one of those supposed to be my cable source? If so, which?

And yes, I DID already manage to turn off the booster in the bedroom! LOL

Thanks!

And Merry Christmas!

RottsNScotts

Problem solved! Top wall coaxial goes to top TV coaxial then you have to choose TV for cable AND select the channel the cable is on, in this case 3, then scroll really fast to an available channel from cable!

Confusing!

Jspeer8

Help.
I can watch cable tv on my living room tv but I don’t get a signal on my bedroom tv? Once again nothing is labeled. Thanks for any help.

danemayer

Your Bighorn probably has 5 coax connectors in the Universal Docking Center. 4 are for satellite and the one on the side is for cable.

Assuming you are using the coax connector on the side, the wire from there goes to the bedroom first, where it meets the roof antenna wire at the Signal Booster. The signal booster has 2 coax connectors; one for cable/antenna, and the other for satellite. From there the coax continues to the basement passthrough storage where there's probably another coax wall plate, and from there to the living room.

So if your living room TV is getting a cable signal from the cable/antenna connection in the living room, that argues that you should also be getting a signal in the bedroom.

So maybe you've connected the bedroom TV to the satellite connection and just need to move it to the other connector.

Or maybe you're feeding the cable down the satellite connection that goes only to the living room and need to move it.

Or maybe there's a problem with the coax connection on the backside of the signal booster, or with the coax wire coming out of the signal booster to the TV.

And it's possible, but less likely, that there's a problem with the signal booster - like a broken solder joint affecting only the bedroom connector.

mlpeloquin

Just a note to turn the booster off for cable, otherwise the cable signal will not come through.