Life change . . .

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Just wanted to let all of my fellow Mountain Region HOC members know that a major change has happened in our lives . . .

Cathy and I have decided to go our own separate ways, and while she begins a new life on the east coast, I will remain in the Heartland family with my Heartland Prowler as a member of the Mountain Region and the Colorado Chapter of the HOC.

I will be going full-time in the Prowler very soon and may travel a bit this winter while I figure out what I will do in this new chapter of my life, however, you can rest assured that you won't get rid of me any time soon!

I love the Western US of A and will continue to call this my 'home'!

I will be in Pueblo at the Regional HOC Rally, and may still make NM in May!

Can't wait until next time . . .

Doublegranch

Mountain Region Director-Retired
JohnD:
So sorry to hear this! This dream we call life has a way of keeping us on our toes. I know you will be okay and extend out a hand of friendship.
Let me know if you need anything or perhaps just an ear to listen.
Be Safe my friend...See you soon.

JohnD

Thanks you guys!

Where one road ends . . . another begins.

I can only believe that a new adventure awaits!

Don't know what the future holds . . . but I can't wait to live it!

CoveredWagon

As an old timer I knew used to say, “life is what happens to you when you are planning on something else”. The very best to you.

jbeletti

Good morning John. With your forum and Facebook posts, I could tell something was changing, but I figured you guys were both retiring immediately and going full-time RVing. I guess I was only partially correct.

I'm wishing you both all the best and either of you can reach out to Nancy or I if we can assist you in some way. We're just south of you, as you know and we have a large RV pad for friends :)

wdk450

John:
I hope that all works out well for you. You might check out the "Loners on Wheels" singles RVing club online. They own a park in Demming, New Mexico, have a get together at the Quartzite rally, and have a permanent presence at the Slabs, near Niland, Ca. They also have chapters across the country.

JohnD

I'm wishing you both all the best and either of you can reach out to Nancy or I if we can assist you in some way.

We're just south of you, as you know and we have a large RV pad for friends :)

Thanks for the offer . . . I might take you up on that for a day of two!

John:
I hope that all works out well for you. You might check out the "Loners on Wheels" singles RVing club online. They own a park in Demming, New Mexico, have a get together at the Quartzite rally, and have a permanent presence at the Slabs, near Niland, Ca. They also have chapters across the country.

Well, considering I am just around 24 hours of being single, I might give that a little time . . .

How about next week! :p

Just kidding . . .

I may be heading down that way in a month or two and Demming was on my list!

- - - Updated - - -

By the by . . .

I wanted to post this here because word was starting to spread so I thought the official announcement was needed.

Shortest Straw

Caught In A Mosh
Sorry to hear this John. I like Jim was thinking you two were headed out for the full time life. Having been where you are now in my life, take it easy, take care of you, take your time, and you have my number if ya ever need to talk. One last piece of advice, should you meet someone new in the future, DO NOT break out the helmet and chaps till she gets to know ya!!

JohnD

Sorry to hear this John. I like Jim was thinking you two were headed out for the full time life. Having been where you are now in my life, take it easy, take care of you, take your time, and you have my number if ya ever need to talk. One last piece of advice, should you meet someone new in the future, DO NOT break out the helmet and chaps till she gets to know ya!!

I still have the helmet . . . not sure if Gary will ever let me borrow those chaps again! :D

Pokiejoe

John D we are saddened but sometimes life changes are the best. We still hope you will make it to the Alb rally because we need a camp hookup director (joke). All kidding aside you are always welcome at our place, as the others have said, a place to park or just an ear to listen.
Blessings!

Mrsfish

My best wishes to you and Kathy as you both start out on your separate journeys. So glad to have met Kathy and I hope our paths cross again. And John- look forward to seeing you down the road! Be safe and have some great adventures!

TahoeCamper

Founding Nevada-North Chapter Leader-Retired
John, maybe now you'll be able to make that trip to Lake Tahoe that we've talked about.
George and Laura Smith

JohnD

John, maybe now you'll be able to make that trip to Lake Tahoe that we've talked about.
George and Laura Smith

May be . . . !

I just talked to my brother in Lake Tahoe yesterday and I may just go up that way sometime in the spring.

alwaysbusy

Unfortunately having been down this road, it is not easy as the road did not end up where I thought it would. God Bless Mr John.

klindgren

Retired Virginia Chapter Leaders
Sorry to hear this John. I do like your attitude though. Enjoy your new life style and I'm sure you will do well.

JohnD

Unfortunately having been down this road, it is not easy as the road did not end up where I thought it would. God Bless Mr John.

I understand . . .

Only less than a week into this I am finding out already how nothing seems to go as planned . . .

Trying to get this house empty of 35 years of stuff is very daunting, but when that roll-off gets put in the driveway on Thursday I'm gonna have a trash party!

Then . . . get the house on the market to sell fast . . . can't wait! :D

Sorry to hear this John. I do like your attitude though. Enjoy your new life style and I'm sure you will do well.

Even though I'm not ready to retire yet (note to self...check those Powerball tickets!), I'm gonna travel for a couple of months to figure out what my future will hold for me.

I may just show up at a few HOC rallies around the country soon!