Commode burp

Flooringit

I read all the thread for the prior commode burp thread but it is now closed. I stated having the issues about 2 weeks ago. Been living in this thing 2 months. I have a 3 inch pipe althat goes down in about a 22 degree angle then straight down, no way it’s clogged. I just dumped 5 gallons of water and it ate it like a fat kid and a cake. It’s dead of winter no wasp making a nest in the vent pipe. Any other ideas? It might be getting full but I doubt it. I emptied couple weeks ago. And it’s just me and a 6yo. We haven’t went through 6 rolls of tp since living in here. The water won’t stay in anymore. It would 50% of the time so I put some mineral oil in it let it sit apparently it didn’t work cause it never holds water anymore. Never stinks though I also have had the water not stop running in it. Seems like it’s a pressur issue if I have the tub water running and kid uses commode it will just keep running. Any ideas? I may upgrade to a 310. Not sure about a 320. For some reason I can’t wipe as good with a elongated bowl no clue why that is lol

danemayer

So....the toilet is burping when you flush, and the bowl doesn't hold water.

If it's been several weeks since you last dumped the black tank, try dumping it now and see if the burp goes away.

For the bowl not holding water, pour hot water in the bowl and after a minute press the lever to flush and hold it open. Gently re-shape the rubber seal by rolling the edges gently in the direction of the blade.

On the water not stopping to run, you may have a problem with the inlet valve or the pedal not getting back to its rest position.

And if the toilet has been running and not holding water, you may have more water in the black tank than you think.

Last edited:

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
There may be some debris trapped under the seal for the ball. Doesn’t take much for it to leak water from the bowl. Use a toilet brush to scrub the underside.

Another thing is to let the pedal snap to the closed position. If you “ride” it up slowly, you may not fully seat the ball.

If the toilet burps, something is obstructing the vent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lou_and_Bette

I emptied couple weeks ago. And it’s just me and a 6yo.

When we first brought our young grandchildren to see our rig, the youngest grandson kept disappearing while the adults were talking so I went to investigate and found him sitting on the floor by the toilet pushing the lever with his hand. He was loving watching the water flow and stop. Maybe a reason for tank filling faster

Roller4tan

Sometimes when the toilet pedal gets stiff I gently raise it up with my foot to make sure the valve closes, as it doesn't snap closed. That's usually my clue to take it apart and add some plumbers grease to the workings.

Flooringit

I have a clear elbow with back flow valve in it. I watch it empty all the way. I even watch it as I flush the systems. I prolly put 15 gallons of water in it before using it. My kid likes to use a lot of papers for some reason. It’s a kid thing I’d guess but as I watch I never see it so I’m guessing it’s dossolved. I will empty it see if it’s getting full but it’s been under 15 for 2 days now so I’ll wait till it won’t freeze up I currently have water issues. Meaning it’s froze I don’t have a heated hose. I have one on order. I was using the water in the tank but the heater blew the breaker while I was sleeping and it got ice in it somewhere. I have 2 heaters in the basement now and a fan blowing into the belly I’m hoping to get it thawed out soon. Ready to take a shower. Winter rving hasn’t been fun as of yet. I have not enclosed the bottom as I’m not sure if I’m just gonna goto a camp ground or stay on my property. I like the privacy here but no internet and I’m 50 ft from my water and septic tank. Makes it a pia. This was closest I could get.

wdk450

For the burp problem you might try running some water hose water down the vent from the roof to make sure it is open. Burps are usually a venting problem, including the tank level being higher than the vent pipe end in the tank.

Seals not holding water usually is caused by the seal/ball not sealing well enough, this caused by debris or hard water deposits. This calls for a toilet disassembly, and this would be a good time to add a water shut off to the 1/2 inch PEX tubing line at the toilet. The Sharkbite brand valves just slip right on to where you have cut the PEX for the valve. https://www.homedepot.com/p/SharkBite-1-2-in-Brass-Push-to-Connect-Ball-Valve-22222-0000LF/202270642 When you have removed the top half of the toilet you will see the rubber seal, and when you pull that off, you will see the ball valve. Hopefully there are no hard water deposits or heavy scratches on the seal/valve surfaces. If so, you probably need to replace these 2 parts. After cleaning the ball and seal, coat them with PLUMBER'S silicone grease liberally, then re-assemble. There are sealant treatments for toilets out there at the RV stores or online. The main active ingredient in these RV seal products is coconut oil, so if you have any of this around you can try melting it and pouring it on the ball and seal.

Flooringit

Well I came home at 1130 pm and rv stunk bad. So time to empty tank. Of course it was 6 degrees outside and my seeer hose is 50ft long. I set it up to empty and 2 hoses broke. Awesome! Drive back to town buy 2 hoses one had the fixed end and no others there. So I had to Jerry rig them together to empty. The valve was froze shut so I had to get a salamander heater and blow under rv. Needless to say I fianlly got back inside at 230 am. No more burp or smell. My tank was full and prolly had the vent in water. I sure wish the idiot lights worked. I finally got the thing to read empty but took about 45 minutes of flushing out the tank. The fresh water tank lights suck also. I can put water in for just a few minutes goes from empty to full. Couple days later. I need to figure out if it’s full other then the idiot lights I don’t want to fill it up till over flow goes cause it does not come out on the ground comes out on the Coroplast I will fix the this swimmer.

wdk450

Sorry for you middle of the night terrible pooper experiences.

The Sealevel through-the-tank-wall-sensing system has a good reputation, but is expensive and will be a job to install the adhesive sensors on the tank walls.

I hope you work things out to your satisfaction.

Gaffer

Sounds like you need to dump more often. If your usage is typical week to week you should know how long you can go before dumping. When it burps, it is time to dump. If it burps after 5 days, 7 days or whatever, just dump everything a day or so earlier than that. I never look at the gauges.

Flooringit

That was one of the worst experiences of my life. I have snowmobiled in plenty of cold but that was horrible. I put prolly 20 gallons on water in before using it. I only dumped in about 5 this time.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
With experience, even the “tone” when flushing will tell you it’s getting close to burping. Helps avoid those zero-dark thirty needs to dump.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk