Signal issues on only one tv

This is our first outing in our Pioneer 322. Auto tune all TVs with the signal booster powered on. Two TVs have 14 channels. The one in the front bedroom 0. We tried taking the tv from the back room that programmed 14 channels hooking it up in the front bedroom and nothing. Any help with advise? Thanks

wdk450

This sounds like a cabling/connectors problem. Try tightening all connectors associated with the front TV to begin with. If that doesn't work, you might have to remove and re-install all of the associated coax connectors on the coax. Sometimes they are poorly assembled and short out between the shield and the center signal wire. If this gets too complex, it might be worth warranty claim.

Roller4tan

Don't know your exact layout, but sometimes near the amplifier is another wall connector that needs to be jumpered to the amplifier outlet to send a signal to the bedroom tv.

CoveredWagon

This is our first outing in our Pioneer 322. Auto tune all TVs with the signal booster powered on. Two TVs have 14 channels. The one in the front bedroom 0. We tried taking the tv from the back room that programmed 14 channels hooking it up in the front bedroom and nothing. Any help with advise? Thanks

Call heartland customer service and ask for a video wiring diagram for your coach. Look for any splitters and then check them to see if they are wired correctly. I had one that wasn’t even needed. Another had the input and the output wired backwards. Once I cottected this and tightened the rest things were good.

Call heartland customer service and ask for a video wiring diagram for your coach. Look for any splitters and then check them to see if they are wired correctly. I had one that wasn’t even needed. Another had the input and the output wired backwards. Once I cottected this and tightened the rest things were good.

Yes that hat is what we are thinking now. A splitter is messed up along the way. Wish there was an easy way to find the splitter. Hopefully I can get someone tomorrow.

CoveredWagon

Yes that hat is what we are thinking now. A splitter is messed up along the way. Wish there was an easy way to find the splitter. Hopefully I can get someone tomorrow.

Dont know the layout of your rig, but in ours there was a splitter (the guilty one) located behind the basement wall just behind the heat outlet next to the coax antenna plate. It was an easy fix, removed the plate and pulled out the wiring.

Wow I hate Apples auto correct or it’s deciding what it wants to write for you. In my original reply to you, Apple decided to tell you to ask for a video diagram. HUH ? Heartland sent me an email file, which is now filed in the Tools section.

Dont know the layout of your rig, but in ours there was a splitter (the guilty one) located behind the basement wall just behind the heat outlet next to the coax antenna plate. It was an easy fix, removed the plate and pulled out the wiring.

Wow I hate Apples auto correct or it’s deciding what it wants to write for you. In my original reply to you, Apple decided to tell you to ask for a video diagram. HUH ? Heartland sent me an email file, which is now filed in the Tools section.

I was able to get the generic wiring diagram. We found the splitter. Holy cow it's far from where one would think it would be. All wires are connected properly. Did a check and the TV in the outside entertainment area isn't getting signal either. So off to buy a new splitter and see if that is the issue. If not I guess it goes to Camping World for six months 😂.

Attachments

• IMG_0228.jpg
    IMG_0228.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 28

RoadJunkie

All wires are connected properly.

Having them connected properly is not a sufficient check of the cabling. Remove each cable and inspect that the center conductor is clear of stray shield wires. Or, remove connections at either side of the cable and check for shorts while using a VOM. If there are no shorts, then purposly short one end of the cable and check for continuity at the other end to establish that the cable run is good. Do this before you change the splitter. I think it is rare to find a bad splitter and more common to find bad connections.

DaveTyler

Jessbell79, I am not too sure about your trailer but can give some experience information. I have a Big Horn 3875. The TV in the slide out in living room. Above the TV is where the cable or the plate is located where the coax hooks to tv via coax or HDMI cable. If yours is any similar try this, its free, go outside and if you have a slide out there, look for where the cable comes out of hole under the frame and may be in wrapping together with other wires. Try to find and the the coax runs to slide out and up the outside wall to where your TV is. If you do this, then trace the coax into hole in frame that goes to underbelly. Follow it and 1. Could be loose connection to barrel connector, or could even be not connected at all since no signal. 2. Then if you can not find you can undo the bottom cover or corplast or whatever its called and try to find the coax and reconnect and tape together. This has worked several times. Think about this, the trailers are put together in separate pieces, when they put the slide in the trailer the coax is already ran to the TV, so the coax has to be hooked up someplace. As mentioned about the spliter before, I have a different opinion if you are not using the outlet underneath. I say do away with it and put a barrel connector instead. Hope this helps. Any further info needed please contact me if I can help. Regards, Dave