ATF: ElkRidge - Specs and hydraulic

dlafko

I was wondering were I can find the official height and length of my Elkridge 38 RSRT 5th wheel. I have two AC units

Also is there any way to manually operate the hydraulic system should something go wrong and I would need to get the jacks up or the slide outs in?

danemayer

Hi dlafko,

Congratulations on the new Elkridge and welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum.

Here's a link to the 38 RSRT page on the Heartland RVs website, showing the specs. However, specs are based on prototype builds and things can change over time. Also, if your trailer is riding nose high or low, the clearance height will vary. The best way to know the height of your rig is to hitch up and go to a level location. Then measure it yourself.

On the hydraulic slides, if you have an electrical failure, you can manually open the control valve(s) and use a drill to manually operate the pump. The procedure is detailed in a Lippert document located about half way down in this folder.

dlafko

Great I will look at those... How do You measure to the AC just an eye ball kind of thing?

Hi dlafko,

Congratulations on the new Elkridge and welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum.

Here's a link to the 38 RSRT page on the Heartland RVs website, showing the specs. However, specs are based on prototype builds and things can change over time. Also, if your trailer is riding nose high or low, the clearance height will vary. The best way to know the height of your rig is to hitch up and go to a level location. Then measure it yourself.

On the hydraulic slides, if you have an electrical failure, you can manually open the control valve(s) and use a drill to manually operate the pump. The procedure is detailed in a Lippert document located about half way down in this folder.

danemayer

Great I will look at those... How do You measure to the AC just an eye ball kind of thing?

Attach one end of a string to a carpenter's level or board that you put on top of the A/C unit. Have a 2nd person touch the string to the ground and hold/mark where it touches. Measure the string.

Trailer hitched and on level ground.

dlafko

Great thanks. One more question is there any way to get themessages to show newest on top instead of at the bottom?

Attach one end of a string to a carpenter's level or board that you put on top of the A/C unit. Have a 2nd person touch the string to the ground and hold/mark where it touches. Measure the string.

John T Bettencourt

Do it when hitched to your truck, so you will know travel height

danemayer

Great thanks. One more question is there any way to get themessages to show newest on top instead of at the bottom?

Yes, at top right of page, click on SETTINGS. Then on left side, scroll down to MY SETTINGS/MY ACCOUNT and click on GENERAL SETTINGS. About half way down the page look for THREAD DISPLAY OPTIONS and select LINEAR - NEWEST FIRST.