Tpms

cap10moe

Looking for updated information on TPMS systems. A lot of the existing information is relatively old, and a lot has changed over the past few years.
I purchased the factory offered system for our '17 Newport, however it has not worked properly from day 1, so am getting quite frustrated, and have pretty much decided to replace it. I have had numerous dealings with the system manufacturer, and their rep has been very helpful in trying to resolve the problem, but to no avail. I think it has come time to give up on it and start from scratch. Any suggestions? The EEZ TPMS looks quite interesting, and TST as well as TireMinder seem to get good reviews.
Looking forward to recommendations.
Thanks

For20hunter

Pacific Region Directors-Retired
I use the TST 507 with an external repeater at my pin box and never have any issues receiving a signal. TST has awesome customer support and their product is great! I highly recommend them. I have used my current TST 507 for 7 years now and the only thing I have had to do is change the batteries and o-rings in my sensors, which were all working fine, I just figured with them being 6 years old (at the time) that I would replace them.

Rod

Kathi-27

tst 507 flow thru have had for 1 year. worked perfect on trip from ga to co and back. have on truck and 5th wheel, also have ant repeater on pin box

Oregon_Camper

Yep...TST 507 all the way! Love the fact I no longer have to try to look down the side of the RV while driving to "inspect" my tires (like I could ever tell anything by do that)

Amazon has them on sale right now...just check this link and they are $309

Amazon Link

81EKQuUDDeL._SL1500_.jpg

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
I have the TST 507 and it has never worked worth a flip. I only get two sensors to work on a regular basis and the others only work sporadically. I have changed batteries moved the sensors and still have issues. I have even replaced the receiver. I am totally disappointed in this product..

CoveredWagon

I have the TST 507 and it has never worked worth a flip. I only get two sensors to work on a regular basis and the others only work sporadically. I have changed batteries moved the sensors and still have issues. I have even replaced the receiver. I am totally disappointed in this product..

Purcahse the repeater amplifier and they will all work. BTDT

- - - Updated - - -

TST 507 with repeated amplifier and non flow through sensors

Oregon_Camper

That is strange. We have no repeater and all ten tires (6 on truck..4 on RV) are being monitored. I have never had the system fail to connect and stay connected to all 10 tires.

I considered buying the repeater when I first bought the entire setup, but have never had a reason to go back and purchase one.

danemayer

My TST experience is with a 39' trailer and a longbed, crewcab truck. With the GMC, the system worked fine - no repeater. When I switched trucks to the RAM, the signal became marginal on the rear trailer tires. I found that with the receiver sitting in the moonroof, it was reliable, but not convenient. One day the antenna fell off the TST receiver and I couldn't find it. So it turned out I had an extra magnetic rooftop antenna from an old Weboost cell phone amplifier. Put that on the roof and connected it to the TST receiver on the dash and the signal became reliable again.

I think that without a repeater or external antenna, a couple of feet is the difference between reliable and unreliable.

alwaysbusy

TST 507. Have had 2 bad sensors and they replaced both free of charge; even shipped me the one prior to me returning the broken one. Great company. Have repeater wired down stream from cutoff. Would buy again but I have no experience with any other brand.