ATF: ElkRidge - Fresh Water Tank Drain & Operation

Randy3911

I have a 2017 Elkridge 30RLT 5th wheel, and I have two questions:

1. I turned the pump on for the fresh water pump at the control panel, tank has 1/2 tank of water, and pump will run (I can hear it running) but nothing comes out of the faucets. Is there a valve somewhere that is closed in the line? A valve at the pump maybe? If so, where is the pump located?

2. I want to drain the fresh water tank, but I can't find the drain. I have opened the two low point drains under the frame, but the water does not drain from the fresh water tank.

Thanks,
James Mavropoulis

danemayer

Hi James,

The fresh tank is usually over the axles, and the drain is usually just in front of the axles on the off-door-side.

If temps have dropped below freezing, the water in the drain tubing, above the valve, freezes and can wick up into the tee, blocking water flow from the tank to the pump.

If the trailer was winterized, the antifreeze suction valve could be open, causing the pump to suck in air instead of developing enough suction to pull water from the fresh tank.

And of course, the tank might be 1/2 full, or not, depending on how you've determined the water level. The gauges in the control panel aren't all that reliable, although they're usually more accurate on the fresh tank than on the other tanks.

Randy3911

Thanks, Dan

There is a sticker on the entry door that says the "unit has been winterized". That valve may still be open from when we bought the rig in March of last year. This is the first time I have wanted to winterize the unit myself. Is the valve that may be open at the pump? If so, where is the pump? Is it located in the pass through behind the side wall? I do have the two low point drains open, (the hot and cold lines on the off door side of the rig).

Thanks,
Randy

danemayer

Randy,

On larger 5th wheels, the pump is near the water hose connection, behind the rear wall of the pass through basement storage. But I don't know where it is on your 2017 Elkridge 30RLT. Perhaps another 30RLT owner can comment on the pump location.