Water regulator maximum pressure?

rhino_160

2014 Cyclone 3100
My screw on water regulator is a 40 psi that I had from.my.previous pull behind. I noticed on the cyclone at the water inlet it says max. Of 100psi. I am wanting more pressure in the shower of my rig so my question is can I get a different regulator up to 100 psi in the cyclone? I don't want to mess anything up. Thanks all

2014 Cyclone 3100
My screw on water regulator is a 40 psi that I had from.my.previous pull behind. I noticed on the cyclone at the water inlet it says max. Of 100psi. I am wanting more pressure in the shower of my rig so my question is can I get a different regulator up to 100 psi in the cyclone? I don't want to mess anything up. Thanks all

60 is what I have mine set to for max pressure. Get a Oxygenics pure shower geniue shower head you will love it.

danemayer

You can get an adjustable regulator, but what you probably want is better water flow rather than higher pressure. Most inexpensive regulators achieve their regulated pressure by restricting water flow. Better regulators restrict pressure while allowing good water flow. Imagine a faucet with 40 psi of water pressure and a choice of hoses; one with a 1" diameter, and the other with 1/4" diameter. While both hoses will deliver 40 psi, the small diameter hose will limit how much water comes out of the faucet to much less than the 1" hose.

And no matter what regulator setting you use, if the campground supply is 50 psi, you won't get more than 50 psi.

The RV Water Filter Store has some nice regulators; both adjustable and fixed.

porthole

Retired
2014 Cyclone 3100

Many RV manufacturers recommend a max of 65 psi inlet pressure.

I use this adjustable regulator on our Cyclone and an Oxygenic's shower head. The shower head is available in white, chrome or nickel finish.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01N7JZTYX/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

https://www.amazon.com/ETL-26781-Wh...4911078&sr=1-4&keywords=oxygenics+shower+head

RoadJunkie

Of course you must remember that regulators cannot provide pressure and flow that doesn't exist. A lot of parks only have 40, or so, PSI to begin with. I've been happy with an adjustable regulator with the integrated gauge.

Jim828

Another vote for the RV water filter store- great products and super service. Bought a Watts adjustable with a gauge and it made a huge difference. Set mine on 50 and flow is much better.

Oregon_Camper

You can get an adjustable regulator, but what you probably want is better water flow rather than higher pressure. Most inexpensive regulators achieve their regulated pressure by restricting water flow. Better regulators restrict pressure while allowing good water flow. Imagine a faucet with 40 psi of water pressure and a choice of hoses; one with a 1" diameter, and the other with 1/4" diameter. While both hoses will deliver 40 psi, the small diameter hose will limit how much water comes out of the faucet to much less than the 1" hose.

We had been using the Camco water filters for years (the blue ones, about 12" long...4" round) until we discovered the product below. To jump on what Dan said, the PSI is one thing, but the flow is also a huge factor.

I am about 30% done with our Blog on this product, but I can tell you, we will NEVER go back to using the inexpensive Camco filters. I'll get into the filter data in my Blog later, but the water flow increase is so nice. I installed different shower heads to help with getting a better shower, but this did more than any of the wiz-bang shower head replacements.

Note...it is not cheap at $275. But the water quality, build excellence, water flow, etc, makes it worth the price (IMHO of course)

Link to Filter on Amazon

81rwUkoz0KL._SL1500_.jpg

donr827

Another vote for the RV water filter store- great products and super service. Bought a Watts adjustable with a gauge and it made a huge difference. Set mine on 50 and flow is much better.

X2 They have great hoses also. A little expensive but good quality.
Don