Wiring Diagram for Rear Brake Lights

Hello,

I have a 2011 Heartland North Trail travel trailer and recently the plastic around my rear brake lights have started cracking. I have had to replace a lot of the plastic on the outside, so this is not surprising. I purchased new ones and when I went to replace them, I soon discovered that behind each light is a large collection of electrical cables. The light on the right side had 4 electrical nuts with several wires running into each nut, for example. It seems Heartland is using these connections to feed other lights on the exterior of the trailer. As I replaced the lights, I discovered that two of the electrical nuts were very loose on the right side. They literally slipped off in my hand when I was trying to separate the bundle of cables. For anyone who has replaced these before, you will probably see that Heartland zip tied these all together. When the nuts came off, some of the cables separated and since they are right near each other, it wasn't exactly apparent which cable went to which nut. I re-assembled everything, but it seems I have a cable in the wrong electrical nut. The left side lights are not working at all now. I therefore called Heartland to see what they had in terms of diagrams for the wires, and they told me they do not have this documented. I have tried finding documents for this, but I am not seeing anything either on these forums.

I know in general, your plug corresponds to the following:

[FONT=&quot]1:00 is Black and 12 volt power[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]3:00 is Green and Right Turn and Brake[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]5:00 is Blue and Brake Controller[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]7:00 is White and Ground[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]9:00 is Yellow and Left Turn and Brake[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]11:00 is Brown and Tail and Running Lights[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Center is Purple and is Optional Reverse

However, there are a lot of cables. Is there anyone that can send me a picture of both sides to verify the connections? Thank you. [/FONT]

danemayer

Here's a wiring diagram from the 2015 Heartland trailer manual. I don't think it would be any different from yours.

Although the diagram shows color coding for the wires, I wouldn't count on that being a match to your trailer.

Attachments

• trailer wiring 2015 LM.pdf
    314.6 KB · Views: 114