Roof wood or aluminum 21RBS and 24RL 5th Wheel

lightfire

I am looking at buying the 21RBS OR the 24RL 5th Wheel. I watched a video that I think was called a "dealer training video" about the construction of the North Trail trailers. It was very informative but clearly showed wood crowned roof construction. The dealer tells me it is all aluminum including the roof. What is the reality?

M

Mcreech

Lightfire, I'm not sure what Video you watched but my entire North Trail Line up TT and FW, the roof is made the exact same and that is with Aluminum and Radius Brick foam truss and a sheet of luan on top all Laminated together....Then a sheet of Rubber over top.......This has been the same since day one here at Heartland, North Trail.............

irvin56

Thank you ALL Factory personal

I love the info your company gives out on all items from all heartland products.
A real good reason I always mention Heartland to everyone I see and know thyat are looking to buy or upgrade.
I mention this site and heartlands rv web site.

I've only owned mine since March 08, but all the input from everyone made my choice easy to decide what company to go with.

THANKS EVERYONE NoneNone

lightfire

Lightfire, I'm not sure what Video you watched but my entire North Trail Line up TT and FW, the roof is made the exact same and that is with Aluminum and Radius Brick foam truss and a sheet of luan on top all Laminated together....Then a sheet of Rubber over top.......This has been the same since day one here at Heartland, North Trail.............

http://www.heartlandrvs.com/downloads/SundanceBook.pdf

This .pdf file shows definite wood construction and, as I was told the Sundance and North Trail light 5th wheels are identical...
Why are there two different informations? Which is correct?

jbeletti

Lightfire,

Mike Creech's statement is "what is correct". As to why the PDF is different - I do not know.

lightfire

Well, unless the video is a fake, at SOME POINT the trailers used a wood roof and floor. I didn't say I didn't believe what Mr Creech had to say. I am just wondering when the changeover was made as these are newer 5th wheel trailers. Unless the information about the Sundance and North Trail being identical except for graphics is wrong...

M

Mcreech

Here is the problem, the PDF is of a Sundance FW not a North Trail.....North Trails are all aluminum and laminated

M

Mcreech

One more thing about the Sundance FW only the Sundance XLT FW are built like the North Trail.........The Video is of the normal Sundance FW not there XLT Sundance

lightfire

One more thing about the Sundance FW only the Sundance XLT FW are built like the North Trail.........The Video is of the normal Sundance FW not there XLT Sundance

Thanks for clearing that up. I suspected something of the sort but since the 5th wheels and the trailers are made in different facilities I wondered if it was a case of the left hand not knowing what the right hand was doing.
I DO like the construction presentation and like the wood roof and aluminum sides but I think I will like the all aluminum too! I am looking at one tomorrow. It had narrowed down to the 24RL 5th wheel or the 21FBS trailer or a used Arctic Fox trailer. Looks like Northwood Arctic Fox has the market for a high quality trailer in the West and Heartland in the mid-west moving into the east. I wouldn't even consider anything else.
Thanks!

chrispitude

Hi folks,

I appreciate all the good information. We just found a buyer for our Rockwood and are looking forward to ordering a 21FBS next spring.

My question - what is the floor construction of the 21FBS?

My thanks to Heartland for two things:

1. Building a premium-quality trailer - I don't mind paying more for better construction, better materials and better design. Please stay true to that.

2. Having an Internet presence and listening to your customers - the support you are giving folks here is absolutely fantastic. Yes, it's a pain in the neck to open the door to the great unwashed masses, but the payoff in customer satisfaction and the rapid evolution of your product through direct feedback is well worth it.

- Chris

Hart

The North trail brochure says that the floor, front, back, floor and roof are aluminum construction. Could not find anything about it being laminated.
The vinyl floor is household grade linoleum and looks sturdier than what was in our previous TT made by another company. However, the exterior underbelly covering is not as substantial as what we had on our '03 TT. Hopefully, it will hold up well.
We have a new 26 which has a great floor plan. We considered the 21 also.