Dometic 320 Water inlet valve

farside291

Does anyone know if the water inlet valve can be changed without pulling the toilet. I get to change one when I get home from work tonight. Anyone have a guess why I get to change one??? Stupid me, 35 years of owning RVs and this is the first time I forgot to flush the toilet to get antifreeze in the valve and down the toilet. What a mess, good thing I didn't turn the water on and leave to go grocery shopping. My Chihuahua's would have been doing the back stroke in the RV. As it was, I turned on water and started to hook sewage hose and saw water draining from a place never before seen by me.

Disregard this post, I found through a search how to change the valve.

danemayer

The 320 is similar to the 310, where it's possible but difficult. There may be a couple of hex head screws along with plastic latches. On the 310 it's very difficult to see anything, much less reach behind and feel your way around in the tight space.

Beyond that, if there was water in the upper part of the toilet you could have some weakening of the porcelin that might show up later. You might just need a whole new toilet anyway.

farside291

Thanks Dan for you advice. My understanding of the water valve is it has a freeze plug of sorts that is designed to blow out first. Funny thing is I always turn on the pump first to check for leaks or loose connections and the pump pressurized just fine. I turned off the pump and put city water on and that's when it started to leak...a lot. Sprayed everywhere in the down stairs bathroom. Hopefully I didn't damage anything other that the water valve. Surprisingly, the upstairs didn't toilet didn't freeze. Anyway, lesson learned, I will change the valve tonight. If I have to pull the toilet I will. Only two screws to take the toilet out and the black tank has not been used this season so no odors.

And, what is surprising, the trailer sat unused from July 8 until we had our freeze in North Texas in December. You would think the water would have evaporated from the toilet.

farside291

Changed the water valve last night, piece of cake. Just pressed on the top catch and the valve popped right out, didn't need to pressed on the bottom catch. Removed the clamp on the line that goes to the top of the toilet and reattached to the new valve with the provided hose clamp and slid the assembly back into the foot pedal assembly. The new assembly came with two screws but the original didn't use screws so I didn't use them with the new assembly. No need to remove the toilet. Works like new.

Gaffer

Time to install a valve. very easy to do.

Attachments

• 20161005_170359.jpg
    20161005_170359.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 38

farside291

I like that, I was scrambling to find a fitting I could screw into the line to be able to still have water and use the upstairs toilet. I think I will go to lowes and investigate fittings. Mine comes out of the wall should be able to do the same. Thanks for the idea!

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
a63ee1813e4f8de6038c64562c325e24.jpg

Here is ours, we used a shark bite cut-off valve.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk