SOLVED: Frigidaire Error Code

farside291

I awoke this morning with an error code of SY CE - "Communications error at power up" on my Frigidaire. Searched the internet and it said to cycle power but this will clear the fault code. Well had to get the it working so I went outside and cycled power at the pedestal and noticed a previous fault for an over voltage error code on the surge protector. Turned power back on and everything seems fine. Anyone ever seen this?

farside291

Re: Frigidaire Error Code

This is an error between the power control board located behind the front kick plate and the door controls. Power control board and control board in door should be changed at the same time to prevent communication issues between an older board and a new board. To trouble shoot, 1st remove power to refrigerator for 15 minutes and see if the error goes away. 2nd remove power and remove power control board from behind kick plate and disconnect and reconnect all wires inspecting for burnt or damaged wires. If none of these work both boards should be replaced.

I will start troubleshooting after work. Both boards are out of stock everywhere with a 3 - 5 day shipping after stock is received. Bummer!

farside291

Re: Frigidaire Error Code (solved)

Received both boards and replaced the board in the door. Frigidaire said the board in the door is the most probable. Using a flat plastic tool, pry the edge panel away from door. It is held in place by small spring clips. Disconnect two connectors and the assembly can be removed. The board has two flat connectors that are disconnected and the board is held in place by two clips, one on each side. Installed the new board, reinstalled in refrigerator and walla, everything works as it should. I will return the power control board in a few days.