Upgrading Rig

breid

Thanks to all that have put up with my endless questions about my current TV. After receiving lots of advice I have chosen to upgrade to a 08 Dodge Laramie 3500 4x4 Auto. This will be better suited to my Cyclones weight and will give me more piece of mind. 6 Speed tranny, DRW and Exhaust brake are a nice plus as well. Looking at the numbers for the truck it will still be approx 1500# shy of the 18K GVWR for the TH but will have lots of room to spare for the payload. The Dodge will have 4,000 #'s over my Ford, which is huge! What do ya think?

The truck I am pursuing is in Kellogg ID, so I see a road trip in my future.

flamingknitter

I bought my TV in Kellogg also and overall it was a great experience. I saved big bucks over what I could get locally. But.....If you have them move your 7-pin to the bed of the truck, make sure that all 7 connectors are connected!! When I started having battery problems (which affects every other system in the trailer I found out) it turned out that the 7-pin connector was part of the problem.

Good luck on your purchase. Kellogg is beautiful and the people easy to work with. It took less than 3 hours to complete the purchase and be on my way.

Marybeth