Periodic ticking noise

tjwoll05

Over the last month or so there has been a random periodic ticking noise coming from under floorboard in the kitchen. I’ve taken apart the basement wall to get a look, pulled drawers out to get different views. It almost sounds like water dripping. There is consistency to the noise. It’s just enough to drive me crazy. It sounds like water dripping but I can’t find/see anything wet when I took look under the basement wall. Anyone else heard of this. It’s a 2018 Heartland Road-warrior 427.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tjwoll05

Over the last month or so there has been a random periodic ticking noise coming from under floorboard in the kitchen. I’ve taken apart the basement wall to get a look, pulled drawers out to get different views. It almost sounds like water dripping. There is consistency to the noise. It’s just enough to drive me crazy. It sounds like water dripping but I can’t find/see anything wet when I took look under the basement wall. Anyone else heard of this. It’s a 2018 Heartland Road-warrior 427.

I’m starting to think the ticking noise is coming from the water heater. The temperature has been colder than normal. I’m guessing it’s the cold air around the hot water heater causing it tick. Does this sound feasible?

rxbristol

I’m starting to think the ticking noise is coming from the water heater. The temperature has been colder than normal. I’m guessing it’s the cold air around the hot water heater causing it tick. Does this sound feasible? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Or heater vents that are expanding or contracting when using the heater.

hoefler

Cold water lines will expand when hot water starts running through it, and will have a ticking noise as it grows longer and slipping along the supports.

Thunderbolt

It may be your water heater after running is cooling off causing the ticking sound. Does it sound like an engine after it is shut off and cooling down? Might be your furnace doing almost the same thing. Since it is periodic, I would think it is one or the other.

Lynn1130

After heating, metal, plastic, fiberglass and other materials contract and "tick". At times I hear the water heater ticking after I hear the flame shut off.