2008 F350 and 2009 Cyclone 3210

krehlert

Still kickin and screamin
We love our new toys! Glad to have picked the Cyclone and not the Raptor....

Attachments

• 100_2196.jpg
    100_2196.jpg
    211.3 KB · Views: 375

bigredtruck

1996 F350 and 2009 3210 LE

We love ours too. Just got home with it last TuesdayNone[/ATTACH]

Attachments

• 08222008386.jpg
    08222008386.jpg
    654.4 KB · Views: 273

jbeletti

Lori,

Is that your building that your Cyclone is in? That is awesome! Congrats on Brent getting home safely with the new baby.

Jim

truknutt

Committed Member
Those are some nice lookin' rigs, folks!

bigred---how was your rear vision with those small mirrors? We have the large towing mirrors on ours and wish they were larger. In the attached photo, is that a free-standing table/dinette I see in the garage area? If so, is that a factory item?

krehlert---How does that 6.4L pull that 3210 and how's the manueverability (sp); I've heard that it should be good with the shortbox and the new front end geometry on the Super Dutys.

Glad you have your new children safe and sound! :p
Now we need some more Cyclones here in the East! :rolleyes:

Dave

Attachments

• Beast n 'clone.JPG
    Beast n 'clone.JPG
    527.1 KB · Views: 131
Last edited:

krehlert

Still kickin and screamin
2008 6.4

Trucknutt - It pulls really good and it handles great. I could not be any happier with the turning radius. We had a 37' before with a crew cab dually and I can really tell the difference. We had a headwind during our first trip out and only got 7 mpg. On our way back it was better at 10 mpg. Boy, by now you think the feul mileage would be getting better on new diesels and not worse.

bigredtruck

the building is the garage at Lakeshore RV. OUrs is big but.....
DH had just hooked up and didn't hve the towing mirrors on yet. I don't think he would have gone 10' without bigger mirrors!!!
I think the table belongs to the mechanic. These pictures were taken just as DH got to Lakeshore and unit was not quite ready :0
I haven't even been in the truck while the unit is being towed yet. And it looks like even for the BC Rally next weekend (if we get there) I will be taking a second vehicle as I have to work late. But DH says it pulls like a dream. Definitely know it's there, but it tows great. And since he used to drive a fuel tanker, I trust his opinion. And now that he's spent some $$$ on the exhaust and the 'Edge' his is very excited about trying to get it thru the mountains. will let you know how that goes!

2010augusta

this is an older tread, so I will guess that the leveling kit is the spacer or key for the front suspension to make the truck set level when empty. The air-bags would be for the rear suspension.

vgstef

Bigredtruck how was the service when you purchase your unit at Lakeshore. Did you get the unit delever to the boarder . I am from Nova Scotia and i like to purchase a new 3010 unit in the US because of the price. I see that around Michigan they have 2 or 3 dealer that i can buy from . Wholesaler, lakeshore and holmanrv.

Thank you

Stephane

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Stephane, welcome to the forum. This is a great place for sharing information.
You may not have noticed, but the post you replied to is three years old. But since you specificly asked bigredtruck I will leave your post here for a while.
Many from north of the border have made their purchased in the states. And many from Lakeshore. I am sure you will get some feedback.

Peace
Dave

jimtoo

Hi Stephane,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and soon to the Family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge if needed.

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M

caissiel

As of this summer, the CSA approval of new RV's imported in canada has been revised to include frame design requirements that is different from the US standard. I have read some info about the changes but did not see any details on the requirements or the difference to be CSA approved. I think its reinforcement of the frame to meet CSA standard. So I would make sure the trailer I import has the CSA approval after june 2011 before buying.

vgstef

It is getting confusing. Some guy say you do not need a CSA sticker on the unit other say yes you do and it cost $500 to have the unit built to spec.

71stang99

Re: 2008 6.4

Yes 7 or there abouts is what I had when I towed my 300c from Omaha to NV in my 09 F350. No wonder tuner comapanies are doing great business. Nice pics.