Bad service - Xplore USA / Heartland

Cjm005

Unfortunately this is not going to start out as a happy story but I’m hoping to end that way. Is there a Heartland rep that checks this site or that someone can suggest we contact?

Our unit (2017 3650BH) has now been with Xplore USA for 65 days and they cannot properly fix our unit. We dropped off on 11/13 for a bunch of minor issues, plus a major issue... several hydraulic slides not retracting properly, leaving us nearly stranded a few times. We were told to expect the unit to be in the shop 3-4 weeks. Always excuses, waiting on parts or approval from Heartland. Finally the parts are in, they replace a couple components and we attempt to pick up unit.

Slides STILL don’t retract, several of slide seals with holes not replaced, now there is bubble on kitchen wall that appears to be water damage below seal with hole. I call Heartland warranty group, they ask me to email the facts. I get a response back which backs the dealer, no real offer to help.

I’m now out of warranty period, no way to know when I pick up if the fixes are perm, I’ve made 3 payments on unit I’m not using and probably looking at 90 days before I pick up. Am I being irrational to *** demand that my warranty period be extended just in case?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:

Lynn1130

A couple of things here. One is dealing with Dealers. Not the way to go. The second is that if this was a problem addressed under warranty it should still be under warranty if not repaired properly on the first visit.

I would be contacting Heartland Customer Service and asking that they either suggest a non-dealer repair facility or I would be giving them the name of one to authorize for repairs. They will do that. You will need to pay for the repairs when done and Heartland will reimburse you. I stopped dealing with the dealer after it took them 5 weeks to fix a simple issue and 80 miles round trip to drop off and pick up the trailer.

Don't fall victim to dealers. Contact Heartland and discuss your options.

farside291

Sorry to hear of your troubles. I went through the same thing with the Explore USA in Fort Worth. I wrote a long post here on this forum and 2 days later got a call for the manager of Explore USA wanting me to explain my post about his store. He did not deny anything I said but promised to make everything right. That was over 3 years ago and I have not had a single problem with the RV that I did not create. But, that being said I will never bring my RV to Explore for repairs. I only use Blue Moon RV repair in Carrolton Tx. They are the best at repair and customer service. I am sure there are others that will also back Blue Moons reputation.