Talk of Raiding Fuel Tax Fund (Already)

wdk450

This morning's TV news in the California Central Valley tells of a 2.8 BILLION dollar cost overrun in the high speed rail construction project. New overall estimate $35 Billion. This is only on the Central Valley section of the high speed rail connection from SF Bay area to LA metro area. The only actual construction done about 5 years after the prop passed is in the Fresno area. The other sections have not even started land acquisition or construction. Talk by some state politicians on TV is that the Fuel Tax fund may have to be raided to make up the difference.

Sorry, my original thread on the California Fuel Tax (and vehicle registration) increases starting last November has been closed. Diesel fuel went up $.20 a gallon with this, and registrations can go up as much as $150. BTW, gasoline "only" went up $.12 a gallon.

avvidclif

After all that and you're still there??????

You can't pull yourself out of a well by standing in the bucket and pulling on the handle

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
California ain’t the place you wanna be, so pack up the rig and move outta Beverly. (You can guess the theme song)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

'Lil Guy'

Are they just doing this in the Conservative part of the state or are they doing it in the Liberal part too. LOL
California, enough said. I think part of that money is going to fund the expressway between Tijuana and San Diego. Good luck our there and my condolences.

Oldelevatorman

If we could take the weather with us. We left once and came back because all the family's here!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk