Looking for info about Big Country 3250 TS

Gizzy

I'm new to this forum and hoping I can get some good ideas. We will be buying a 5th wheel in the not to distant future and really interested in the Big Country 3250 TS. Have only seen it on line and in brochures. The first concern is how usable is it when the slides are not out. Do you still have access to the fridge and/or dining table? Will also appreciate any other info that might be useful. Thanx.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Gizzy, I just looked at the floorplan for the 3250TS and you should be able to get to the fridge to get beverages or sandwich stuff. I would suggest not using the table while the slides are in. The reason I say this is because the inside edge of the floor of the slide out room is supported by the floor of the trailer when the slide is extended. When the slide is in, there is no support for the edge of the floor. The added weight of sitting at the table may cause the floor to bow. Will it hurt it? I don't know. It's a good looking floorplan though. I like the mid kitchen floorplans as when you're loading the rig for a trip, you don't track in on the carpet and most stuff goes to the kitchen and bedroom. Good Luck with your decision.

Shadowchek

This was our plan of choice for quite a while. At first we wanted the enclosed bathroom which it has. We wanted good rear views this plan the Bh 3370 and 3670 have the best views in my opinion. The 3250 actually has the best views because the dining table doesn't have overhead cabinets so they made the window a little taller.You have a small desk area with the tv above it. a nice open floor plan with the side Isle to the bedroom which looks good.You get decent counter space and nice kitchen storage. after a while we decided we liked the open bathroom as the inclosed one makes the bedroom feel a lot smaller. Over all it is a fantastic plan for its size. Sometimes I wish we would have gotten the 3250 instead of a Bh 3400rl beacause of the 3'7" length difference although we did get pretty much everything we wanted with the 3400Rl. The only compromise was the length and another 1,000 lbs. As for the usability with the slides in. You can't get to some of the kichen cabinets and the sink would be difficult. you couldn't get to the dresser in the bedroom. The dinette would be accesable as would the stove refer microwave and bathroom. Over all fairly usable for pulling off the side of the road for lunch taking a nap or loading and unloading. It is a nice plan. Good luck with your decision.Don't forget about the 3300Rl it is very user friendly with the slides in.

Greg

Taz Devil

We have purchase an (08) in Jun of this year and have used it only 2x due to being back at dealers for some minor repairs. It has a nice floor plan when it is opened up. With it being closed (slides in) you really won't be able to use too many things. You can access the kitchen slide out but not too much of the sink portion. There is a small path between the 2 slides where you can walk without standing on the slides without possibly damaging them. I'm not sure if you want to sit at the table while it is in due to the angle the slide is at. The one drawback that I have found out about it is, the slides all come out one at a time. You cannot just open one slide which can make it a little difficult for loading and unloading. Bathroom and the master bedroom is accessible but you will not be able to get into the dressers and will have to climb over the bed to get to the closet. So it all depends on what you are looking for and how you want to use it. Good luck with your decision.

Kevin

Tom Cobb

I will tell you what I think about it in a few days. We are picking our 2009 BC up Tue afternoon.

I really like the floorplan and the quality of the coach. I have been looking at RV's for a few weeks to replace our Prowler. The BC just has a higher quality level than the others we looked at.

Almost everything you would want in an RV is standard on the BC. Right now is a good time to buy because they are really discounting them to move them.

I am anxious to make our first trip real soon.

Tom Cobb

I took delivery of my 3250TS on Tue. and the more I look it over and load it up the better I like it.

Looking forward to the first trip soon, perhaps next weekend.

jbeletti

Hi Tom,

Congrats. Saw your post on RV.net too. Welcome to the Heartland family. Hope to see you at a Heartland Owners Rally soon.

Jim

bigchief

We pick up our 3250ts tomorrow around noon. This is the floorplan and the length we were looking for. We had the slide selector valve on our last trailer(2 slides) and in a little over 5 years we used it twice. We like the enclosed bathroom and lots of stowage. We are going out next week for a trail run before leaving for the winter in TX. Then we are going to sing up for a Michigan rally next summer. Good luck with your decision.

Gizzy

Thanks everyone for your inputs. We feel the 3250 is the plan we like. The question that comes to mind is about the slides all operating at one time. Any particular reason they don't make them so you can operate them individually? Thanks again for all your info. Hope to meet you guys someday.