PatrickH

Greetings. We just joined today and wanted to say hello to Heartland owners. Although we have not bought our camper yet, we have researched all of the RVs on the market and have decided to go with Heartland. Specifically, we are looking at, and intend to buy as soon as possible, a 2017 Prowler 29RKS TT. We were at the Indianapolis RV expo last weekend and were very interested in the Trail Runner 27RKS. It will be just the wife and I and we are not interested in bunk house designs or the ability to sleep 13+ people. The rear kitchen is a fabulous design and nobody - in my opinion - does it better than Heartland. Although we were really stoked about the TR 27, the one feature we were not wild about was the lack of bedroom closet storage. Turns out the Prowler 29RKS solves that by adding a second slide for just that purpose. Eureka! A Cincinnati dealer has one in stock and we are now coordinating a time to look and buy. We can't wait!

This is just an ice breaker post and I have a bunch of questions for anyone willing to help me out and weigh in.

Thanks a lot.

Pat and Lisa

danemayer

Hi PatrickH,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and congratulations on your decision to get the Prowler.

We've got a great bunch of friendly and helpful people here, so feel free to ask anything. You can also use the search bar at the top right, or you can browse the various sub-forums to find things of interest.

And be sure to take a look at our owner-written user guides, here.

jimtoo

Hi PatrickH,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

Join us at a rally when you can and meet lots of the great folks here and make friends for a lifetime.

Enjoy the forum and your new unit.

Jim M

'Lil Guy'

Welcome to the forum. You've found a great site and hope you will become part of the family with your purchase. Best part of owning a HL product is that you are then eligible to join the HL Owners Club. Lots of great info here, even helpful info about taking delivery of your new rig and keeping it as painless as possible Again, welcome and keep us posted about your soon to be rig.

PatrickH

Hi PatrickH,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and congratulations on your decision to get the Prowler.

We've got a great bunch of friendly and helpful people here, so feel free to ask anything. You can also use the search bar at the top right, or you can browse the various sub-forums to find things of interest.

And be sure to take a look at our owner-written user guides, here.

Thanks for all the welcome messages. We take delivery of the Prowler on Tuesday and are very excited. Will join the Owner's Club as soon as I know the VIN. My insurance agent wants to know the same!

We have a 2017 Ram 2500 and, surprisingly, it does not have a trailer brake controller. The truck dealer is installing the factory OEM controller next week and will be sure to confirm all other required towing equipment is installed (transmission cooler, etc.).

Our initial learning phase will take place with the Prowler parked on our property where we will build our house. We have 10 acres with a pole barn, gravel driveway, and nothing else. The plan is to eventually take it on the road but for the immediate time being, we need to use it as our temporary home. So, water and power are on our agenda this spring. The septic will have to wait a bit since that will be a function of final design. Accordingly, if anyone has advice on waste water management (the blue portable wagon?), we'd love to hear from you. We are close to a marina with a pump-out station, but have never done that.

Thanks, again, for all the well wishes.