DETERMINED: Location of antenna booster switch in Torque 290 SS

Cjparker

Hey all, new owner here of a 2014 torque 290ss. Also first time owner of this type of vehicle.

Anyways, I was wondering where the antenna booster switch is located. I'm thinking it may be the right most switch on the switch plate as you enter the RV into the living quarters area. Just wanting to make sure and also if that is not the correct switch I need to find out what that switch does.

Thanks everyone

danemayer

Re: Antenna booster switch.

Hi Cjparker,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum. There's lots of useful information here along with a great bunch of friendly and helpful people.

The signal booster is usually located where the living area or bedroom TV is mounted. There will be one or two wall plates with coax connectors. On one wall plate there will also be a small push/push switch and an LED light to indicate when it's ON.

On some rigs, it's in the bedroom closet.

Here's a picture of the bedroom closet location on a Landmark.
Signal Booster.jpg

Cjparker

Thank You for the quick response and the warm welcome. The antenna boost switch is where you mentioned, near the cable jack. Thank you!

That leaves me with wondering what this switch does. The switch is located on the right wall as soon as you enter into the living quarters. it is on a switch plate with three switches. the left switch runs the living area lights, the center switch runs the light right above the main entrance door.

All the lights on my RV work, as well as all the electrical systems and appliances.

I would post a picture on here but I am new to the forums and do not have permission yet to post attachments.

danemayer

Hopefully another Torque owner will chime in

I'm just guessing, but often the mystery switch operates an outlet at the front of the trailer near the front. It's so you can hang lights outside and turn them on and off from the inside.

Cjparker

Torque 290 Switch Question

I was able to attach the image. The switch in question is the right most switch below the black status box.

20180119_213156.jpg

Attachments

• 20180119_201945_1516415562896.jpg
    20180119_201945_1516415562896.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 45
  • 20180119_212855.jpg
    20180119_212855.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 49

cookie

Administrator
Staff member

Check under your outside steps. That switch may control a light behind them.

Peace
Dave

Cjparker

Thanks for the quick replies!

Unfortunately I don't have any lights under or near my stairs and it also does not control any of the outside outlets.

CoveredWagon

Thanks for the quick replies!

Unfortunately I don't have any lights under or near my stairs and it also does not control any of the outside outlets.

Look way up in the pocket that the stairs fold up into. Easier to find in the dark. Don’t ask me how I know. Lol

Cjparker

Found it!!!

There is indeed an LED light strip at the tube when the awning is fully extended.

Thanks everyone for the help and quick responses!

jerryjay11

Found it!!!

There is indeed an LED light strip at the tube when the awning is fully extended.

Thanks everyone for the help and quick responses!

Next you might want to determine if the awning lights are remote controlled. If they are you might see at the wired end of the tube a small protrusion approx. 1/4 sticking out of the tube(remote sensor). Or look closer at the light strip to see if it has blue, green, and red segments. If so it is most likely a remote controlled light strip and you are missing the hand held remote controller. If you see the three colors you would be able to change colors, flash lights slow to fast and allow them to cycle between colors automatically. If you do find the light strip is multiple colors and you don't have the remote give Heartland parts a call with your camper serial number so that they can determine which remote is used with that strip. But if the light strip is all one color then disregard the above.

Last edited: