TV Mount in Mallard with swiveling entertainment center

travsmit

Hi there,

Hoping someone has already run into this and can share what they did. We just purchased a Mallard M33 with the swiveling entertainment center (that allows the TV to be viewed from the living area or the bedroom) and we want to mount a 40" TV there (it fits the space), but there aren't any indications on if the swiveling entertainment center can support a TV mount. Has anyone installed a TV mount there and, if so, how did you do so?

Thanks for any help!

klp605

Hi there,

Hoping someone has already run into this and can share what they did. We just purchased a Mallard M33 with the swiveling entertainment center (that allows the TV to be viewed from the living area or the bedroom) and we want to mount a 40" TV there (it fits the space), but there aren't any indications on if the swiveling entertainment center can support a TV mount. Has anyone installed a TV mount there and, if so, how did you do so?

Thanks for any help!
Yes it can support a mount. I called the factory before purchasing our 42" TV and Moryde mount to be sure what the swiveling entertainment center could hold.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

travsmit

Yes it can support a mount. I called the factory before purchasing our 42" TV and Moryde mount to be sure what the swiveling entertainment center could hold.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Do you recall the model of Morryde mount you bought? Also, did you have to brace/reinforce the back of the "wall" with anything? That sheet of thin material that makes up the wall doesn't seem too sturdy...with the mount and the TV it looks like about 20-25 lbs to hang from that wall.

klp605

Surprisingly, it is thicker than you think. I installed the mount with the provided hardware and it has held the 3,000 miles we have towed. The fact that self locking feature is a must have otherwise you will need to strap down your TV for travel. With the location of the couch and dinette to the TV, the full motion (swivel, tilt, extend) has worked to be able to comfortably watch TV from either location. Without a full motion mount, viewing the TV would be awkward. For our TV, I also needed the VESA adapater for the 200 x 200 mounting pattern. We are thankful others recommended the Moryde mount.

http://www.morryde.com/products/69-...y/1-tv-mounts?filter%5B%5D=all&filter%5B%5D=1

freewilly

So we are saying you put a 40 inch TV on the swivel entertainment center using this mount? I want to get this but was worried about the weight and moment when extended. Moment on the swivel thingy.

Thanks

andy

klp605

So we are saying you put a 40 inch TV on the swivel entertainment center using this mount? I want to get this but was worried about the weight and moment when extended. Moment on the swivel thingy.

Thanks

andy

Correct. The mount holds 25 lbs and our TV was maybe 18 pounds. I don't remember the exact weight. When it is extended and tilted, for us it is sturdy. The kids have run into it, etc without any problems. If our camper wasn't in for warranty repair, I would take pictures or video for you.

When I was researching mounts, I called and spoke with not only Heartland but also Moryde. They both were helpful (Heartland is always AMAZING to deal with). To ease the swivel of the entertainment center, I used 4" zip ties to keep the cords together.

spruce1.

Here's what we did. We used a mount from Master Mounts which pulled out about 14 inches, swiveled and tilted so we could watch TV from the couch. This mount also locks when the mount is pushed back in place for travelling. We also secure the TV with a rope as a precaution if we hit a rough patch of road.

Contact them at MasterMounts.com. They have several different kinds of mounts and when I spoke with them they were very helpful. They have the VESA patterns for most TVs.

We did not feel there was enough support on the wall so we drilled through the wall, put a 1/2 piece of plywood on the back of the TV box (could see it in the bedroom) and bolted it in place. This gave a very sturdy backing for mounting the TV bracket as the screws went through the box wall and into the additional plywood backing. We stained the piece of plywood to match the TV box and while you can see it, it is OK for the security of knowing the TV is very well mounted in place.

Hope this helps - Patty

freewilly

Thanks Patty and all. I was thinking the same thing regarding adding a bit of backer support.

I pick Pick up our new M32 in two weeks. Had CW add a second A/C with a heat coil (just n case). Also had them add a new rear camera. Looking forward to the adventure. A newbie to this whole RV thing.

Wayner197

We have a 2018 Mallard M28 that uses the same swivel TV base that can be turned 180 degrees to be viewed in the bedroom.
This is a nice feature but does have a few drawbacks and considerations.
* The swivel does not really have sufficient backing material to properly support a standard TV mount installation - I purchased a 40" TV and used a quick disconnect mount but I had to drill all the way through the swivel backing and use large washers on the backside to properly support the TV mounting bracket. Because the back is only visible when both bedroom sliding doors are open, we don't see the bolts coming through the swivel backing. When I travel I usually pack foam between the sides and bottom of the space between the TV and the swivel mount sides to prevent shaking around. Optionally we can remove the TV via the quick disconnect and pack on the bed or somewhere flat and safe.
* The TV is mounted a little low when watching TV in the bedroom
* You have to close both sliding bedroom doors to watch TV in the bedroom, and this creates a little bit of an AC circulation issue in the summer.

We don't spend a lot of time watching TV in bed so overall it's an OK installation.