Are Sundances really under 12'

bgscott

I have an 09 2998 and when I measure from the top of the ac to the ground I get 12'4". I know you guys advertise these as under 12'. I have found a place to store my rv but the door is 12' high. I am wondering If I have made an error in measurement. I am measuring the air conditioner and adding it to the height of the camper.

I have 16" tires and 6k axles. Should I be under 12'

thanks

jimtoo

I would not take anyones word on the height of your unit. Hook on to trailer and get on level pavement and lay a board level across the top of the A/C to where it would extend out to the edge of trailer. Then actually measure board to ground, then you will know how high you are. Again I would do it hooked on and ready to travel, because thats the way you will be when trying to put it in building. I would also measure the actual door opening of building and make sure of clearance there. The opening maybe 12', but the door itself may not go quite all the way up.

dewwood

Like Jim said I would measure to be sure so you know exactly what the height of your unit hooked to your TV is. I have a 12' door and mine clears with ease but the approach to mine is uphill and the AC unit clears the door header before the tires start up the incline and the same with the front of the fiver and the tires on TV. It actually clears with inches to spare and the interior of my old bank barn does not have cross trusses to worry about. It does look a little weird sitting in the top of the old barn.

flyfishing48

I have a2900 MK and a 12 ft door. Now a 12 foot door does not have a 12 foot opening. But our unit fits under the door. The approach to the building, and the height of your truck has a lot to do with weather or not you will clear the opening. In my case the air conditioner is inside before the trailer wheels hit the top of the approach.
Measuring the height is not the final answer when dealing with a few inches.

JohnL

Sundance Product Manager
bgscott, with the 5200 lb axels and the 15" wheels we measure 11' 10" and with the 6000lb axles and 16" wheels you should be right at 12 feet - the highest point should be the sky light in the shower. that was the goal for Sundance was to be at or just under 12' with 15" rims. John Leoard Sundance Brand Manager

JohnL

Sundance Product Manager
bgscott, jimtoo is right on better safe than sorry - we never know what the conditions are when storing our units (level not level - up hill down hill ect) good call jimtoo - John Leonard