Obtaining High Gloss

RawFaith

I had been trying several waxes in small areas.
They all give some clean and gloss finish but Im not quite impress with the results.
Not really afraid of spending time or elbow grease, I'm more focus on giving the RV a very deep high gloss finish.
Not sure is there is such a thing as a "magic bullet", but for instance we have an Airstream and there is a ton of products for polishing aluminum and we tried most of them, but when we found Nuvite is like finding the Holy Grail !!!!!!
What's your experience and what do you guys recommend? a single stage product, a multiple stages, combination of brands at different stages? If you have any before and after will be awesome!!

Lynn1130

Rejex and there are numerous threads about it and other products with a search of this site.

http://rejex.com/

It's about $20 on Amazon for 16 oz and that is more than enough to do your RV.

After I wrote the above I thought that I would come back and add a couple of incidents that took place after having my truck detailed. I took the 04 dark gray (black) Duramax that I had in to a local car wash/detail place to have it detailed and as always took my Rejex bottle in with me. When I went to pick it up the detail manager asked about it and said that they had been looking for a new detail product and thought perhaps they found it with Rejex. She was pretty impressed with the shine.

I purchased the 14 Duramax (black) used from a local Cadillac dealership and asked if they would detail it as part of the purchase. They agreed and I gave them my bottle of Rejex. When I went to pick it up and they brought it out to the drive 2 salesmen and the sales manager stood there for quite awhile admiring the gloss and all wanted more info on the product. My RV detailer now offers it as a finish after doing mine. It is pretty impressive stuff. And no I don't sell it.

MTPockets

I used Rejex exclusively on our Big Horn for five years. We were full timers the last four. The shine at year five was, I believe, better than year one... I applied it to the front and rear caps three or four times per year, sides were once per year, or 10-12 months apart. Decals were always like new! Having said all that, If your rig has lost it’s shine already, I can’t say if it will do much to restore it, but it is the best protector of existing shine...

RawFaith

I used Rejex exclusively on our Big Horn for five years. We were full timers the last four. The shine at year five was, I believe, better than year one... I applied it to the front and rear caps three or four times per year, sides were once per year, or 10-12 months apart. Decals were always like new! Having said all that, If your rig has lost it’s shine already, I can’t say if it will do much to restore it, but it is the best protector of existing shine...

thanks for the response!
Actually the trailer looks very good and most people find hard to believe that is a 2005.
We are full timers so I wash the unit with Meguiars Ultimate wash once a month and that helps a lot.
The sides have the gloss and not a deep mirror like new one. applying wax brings it back to live and I love it. The end caps I believe will be a nightmare to restore.
I waxed them before with good results, but really looking to keep this baby to the best condition. We are planing to be leaving in it and traveling for another 3 years, so don't mind at all to "work around the house" to keep it in top shape!

CoveredWagon

Rejex and there are numerous threads about it and other products with a search of this site.

http://rejex.com/

It's about $20 on Amazon for 16 oz and that is more than enough to do your RV.

After I wrote the above I thought that I would come back and add a couple of incidents that took place after having my truck detailed. I took the 04 dark gray (black) Duramax that I had in to a local car wash/detail place to have it detailed and as always took my Rejex bottle in with me. When I went to pick it up the detail manager asked about it and said that they had been looking for a new detail product and thought perhaps they found it with Rejex. She was pretty impressed with the shine.

I purchased the 14 Duramax (black) used from a local Cadillac dealership and asked if they would detail it as part of the purchase. They agreed and I gave them my bottle of Rejex. When I went to pick it up and they brought it out to the drive 2 salesmen and the sales manager stood there for quite awhile admiring the gloss and all wanted more info on the product. My RV detailer now offers it as a finish after doing mine. It is pretty impressive stuff. And no I don't sell it.

When I owned the plane, I always polished it with rejex . Planes take a heck of a beating with many airports out where all the bugs live and trying to commit suicide every takeoff and landing. The plane always shined and the bugs came off easily.

RawFaith

Will a clay bar be to harsh on our paint? This does wonders on vehicles to bring out the deep shine / gloss.

i was thinking about that, not sure how would the gel coat react to it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RawFaith

Looking into the rejex and according to their website:
“ RejeX SHOULD NOT be used on porous surfaces, highly textured surfaces (such as the plastic/rubber trim on some SUVs), oxidized painted surfaces or oxidized (chalky) gelcoat/fiberglass. If a painted / gelcoat surface is worn/oxidized, polish to remove "dead" oxidized paint and gel coat / fiberglass before applying RejeX”

So, what’s the best POLISHER to use before Rejex?

Kbvols

Looking into the rejex and according to their website:
“ RejeX SHOULD NOT be used on porous surfaces, highly textured surfaces (such as the plastic/rubber trim on some SUVs), oxidized painted surfaces or oxidized (chalky) gelcoat/fiberglass. If a painted / gelcoat surface is worn/oxidized, polish to remove "dead" oxidized paint and gel coat / fiberglass before applying RejeX”

So, what’s the best POLISHER to use before Rejex?

Mequire's 50 is what I would recommend. It is a marine cleaner wax and will remove light oxidation.

Chopperno1

Look up buff majic, I have used it with great results on my boat and a good friends boat as well. His boat was a dark deep blue. He let it go so bad the sides were a chalky white. This product brought it back to better than new. After that used rejex to seal it up.

https://shurhold.com/buff-magic/

NYSUPstater

Top Coat products? Need to wax our rig this year and also considering what's best. From what I've seen, there are many replies as to what everyone thinks is best. Saying that, Meguires, Rejex, 303 seem to come up the most often. I use to use Eagle 1 until they changed the formula, ruined the shine I had before and NEVER could pull it back out as the new formula left swirl marks after I applied it as it being a synthetic wax, it got sucked into the gel coat before I could remove it.

RawFaith

Look up buff majic, I have used it with great results on my boat and a good friends boat as well. His boat was a dark deep blue. He let it go so bad the sides were a chalky white. This product brought it back to better than new. After that used rejex to seal it up.

https://shurhold.com/buff-magic/

thanks for the input!

did you guys used the BuffMajic Compound?

RawFaith

well, I was going thru all the detailing products I have and found this!!

da85462de57fd42c5c802096cc816a3b.jpg

will definitely give it a try....any experienced user’s advice?

Lynn1130

Are you asking about Rejex or the Buff Magic. With Rejex a 16 oz bottle with do my 37 foot trailer, truck and car. It does not take much and goes on and comes off pretty easy. The Buff material, I do not know.

RawFaith

Are you asking about Rejex or the Buff Magic. With Rejex a 16 oz bottle with do my 37 foot trailer, truck and car. It does not take much and goes on and comes off pretty easy. The Buff material, I do not know.

Really? wow..... that’s pretty good!

RawFaith

well, I was going thru all the detailing products I have and found this!!

da85462de57fd42c5c802096cc816a3b.jpg

will definitely give it a try....any experienced user’s advice?

getting the polisher with the wool pads ready.... say something before is too late...🤣