Slide leak

jlivet

Ok, since my dealer is 125 miles away one way I would really like to solve this problem myself. Bought a new 08 Sundance 3300sk in April of this year and first trip in the rain the carpet was wet on the left side (tv,stove,refrigerator side). Upon checking under the unit there is a seal (one) that does not contact the slide metal frame although the slide is up tight and flush to the side of the trailer. The gap is the same the length of the slide and the seal does not touch the frame of the slide. You can touch the floor with your finger thru this gap so I can understand how water is spraying up from the tires and running in on the carpet. My question is there suppose to be a seal on the slide frame also that contacts the seal on the trailer? For now I have attached a piece of rubber weather strip to the metal frame of the slide that contacts the seal of the trailer and seems to be working. By the time I would haul it to the dealer and have to leave it I would have 500 miles and alot of diesel fuel.

jlivet

Getting an answer on this forum is like watching grass grow, very slow or not at all whats up with this?:(

jbeletti

Hi jlivet,

John Leonard, Brand Manager for Sundance was in Hershey, PA at the RV show this week and has yet to have a chance to respond to you. I'd like you to phone John directly at the plant at 574-262-5992.

Thanks,

Jim

JohnL

Sundance Product Manager
jlivet, just returned from Hershey, not sure why there is such a gap, i would like you to send some photos to Jim Fenner at service@heartlandrvs.com, i am also passing this on to my plant manager Steve Johnson they will be able to assist you with the slide leak. i will be meeting them in the morning meeting and discuss the progress. John Leonard Sundance Brand Manager

Last edited by a moderator: