Multi-purpose Access Hatch

smoothie

On the trip home from our new purchase the access hatch door over the black and grey tank valves blew off. Not very happy to get home and see a hole there. Has anyone replaced these doors and what did you replace them with?

BigJim45

Luv'n Life
On the trip home from our new purchase the access hatch door over the black and grey tank valves blew off. Not very happy to get home and see a hole there. Has anyone replaced these doors and what did you replace them with?

What access hatch door are you talking about?? The tank valves are in the UDC..

Lynn1130

Mine are not. Both the front valve handles and the rear are behind access doors that are about 6" square. I am guessing that his are also.

smoothie

I can post pictures later when I go back to the trailer. Mine are behind an access panel almost exactly like the electric power cord access panel. I am looking to replace it with something that is a little more substantial. I feel the plastic locking mechanism played a part in it not staying shut.

smoothie

Here is a photo of the access door open.

Attachments

• access hatch door 1.jpg
    access hatch door 1.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 167

richheck

Seasoned Member
I to lost one, found the cure was to mount the door hinge side up and replace the plastic latch with a metal one for strength. The original one blew off with a heavy side wind, popping the light weight plastic latch then the door broke off flapping in the wind being originally hinge side down. Haven’t had any issues after the mods.

smoothie

I to lost one, found the cure was to mount the door hinge side up and replace the plastic latch with a metal one for strength. The original one blew off with a heavy side wind, popping the light weight plastic latch then the door broke off flapping in the wind being originally hinge side down. Haven’t had any issues after the mods.

If I may ask where you found your replacement. I have looked for one in black but they seem difficult to find.

smoothie

Call Heartland Customer Service at 877-262-8032 / 574-262-8030. Have your VIN # ready.

Thank you for the information. I called Heartland and ordered the part. Great service. They sent me an email with a photo of the part to make sure it was correct before ordering. That is how you do business.