RW 427 PDI issuesss

Nowaretob

About to pick up new 427. Are there any issues that show up more often then others or show them selfs soon after. I have the shock list but looking for areas for special attention.

'Lil Guy'

About to pick up new 427. Are there any issues that show up more often then others or show them selfs soon after. I have the shock list but looking for areas for special attention.

Make sure to do a thorough inspection of pluming. Water intrusion will ruin a trailer quicker than anything. Have the basement open to see all connections and have city water hooked to trailer. Look for leaks inside basement at connections including water pump. Have them operate it all for you. Faucet connections and under sink plumbing also. If there are any leaks inside basement wall, you won't know it till it shows it's ugly head. There is so much more but this would be one of my main inspections. Electrical would be next. Good luck in you endeavor and welcome to the forum.

danemayer

There seem to be 2 repetitive problems on 427s. Check the holding tank dump handles to make sure they have labels - sometimes they're missing. And have the dealer demonstrate EVERY switch and control. If they're not sure what something does, have them find someone who does know. Too often people leave the dealership without understanding the function of 1 or 2 switches.

david-steph2018

Our dealer had me stay in the RW 427 for 1 night on his lot before we took the camper. They had water, electric hooked up and had me write down anything I thought was wrong for them to fix it before we took it home. I used it like we were camping in it.
When we signed the papers for the 427 the dealer had a service guy go with us and walk thru the PDI I created and to answer any questions we had. My PDI was about 5 pages. My advice don't take possession until you are happy knowing things. I know some had even video some of the walkthrough for future reference on items.

But one thing I know for sure, we really love our 427. Can't wait to start camping this year!!!!

Nowaretob

Thank you for the information. Still waiting for that call to take delivery. I read the email every day that it should be any day now. The dealer we bought from will have us stay overnight also. Will be trying everything out, hope I don't keep the fellow campers up all night. Lol

Speedy

Bring a cordless screwdriver with several bits, especially a square bit in order to take down basement wall/walls to check for leaks. Flashlight is a must have as well.

david-steph2018

Thank you for the information. Still waiting for that call to take delivery. I read the email every day that it should be any day now. The dealer we bought from will have us stay overnight also. Will be trying everything out, hope I don't keep the fellow campers up all night. Lol

One thing you may notice is the light switches in the control panel and in the garage are NOT labeled. In our 427 the dump valves, light switches were not labeled. My wife, being a teacher, has a label maker so we spent a couple of hours (about 6 hours), one day labeling the light switches and figuring out which valve went to which tank.
The way we figured out the tanks was with water and food coloring. We used a different color for each tank and dumped about 5-10 gals. in each then dumped a tank.
One issue which came up during winterizing the unit was we discovered the bypass valve leaked so it was added to the repair list for warranty work at the dealership right now.

Nowaretob

Picked up the new RW 427 on 2/20/18. Did a three hour PDI and found only two very small issues, the first was a miss fitting screen in garage,a dead battery in smoke detector and screen door slide had gotten pushed past the stop. All very minor issues and fixed on the spot. Stayed over night there in Fort Worth. We got five in rain,forty mph winds and temp dropped to 36 degrees, stayed nice an dry and warm with fireplace going. Thank you all for what to look for. Still trying to decide what goes whare.

david-steph2018

Picked up the new RW 427 on 2/20/18. Did a three hour PDI and found only two very small issues, the first was a miss fitting screen in garage,a dead battery in smoke detector and screen door slide had gotten pushed past the stop. All very minor issues and fixed on the spot. Stayed over night there in Fort Worth. We got five in rain,forty mph winds and temp dropped to 36 degrees, stayed nice an dry and warm with fireplace going. Thank you all for what to look for. Still trying to decide what goes whare.

Did the switches and dump valves have labels on them?