Does the 24RL 5th wheel have a heated underbelly?

lightfire

Your website says they are but I have seen posts that say they are not. 2009 model 24RL; I know they are enclosed but are they heated?
Thanks

jbeletti

Hi Lightfire,

I spoke to the brand manager today, Michael Creech. He apologizes for the delay in response. Your request came in over the weekend and Mike was on a flight most of today so he had not seen it yet.

Anyway, the answer is..... YES - the underbelly is heated from the forced air furnace. So when it is crucial for you to heat your tanks and lines, be sure you are using your furnace for much of your heating needs as ceramic heaters, electric fireplaces, heat pumps and such put nothing in the underbelly for you.

Jim

lightfire

Hi Jim,
Thanks for your response.
The only problem is that I called Heartland today twice and spoke to two different folks. One said that it is not heated at all. Another said that it was only a "radiant" heat from a hose that ran through the underbelly. But not from forced air. I also called a dealer who physically checked and said no as well.
It seems that the trailers are and the 5th wheel isn't per these 3 folks. And the reason I was given was that the 5th wheel has a laminated floor so better to not cut holes in it (which actually made sense to me). But this sounds strange as the North Trail travel trailers also have laminated floors per your literature and I was told they definitely had forced air heat.