Built in water regulator?

Chippendale

I am having low flow/water pressure problems at the RV park I am now at, have taken my sediment filter and water softener out of line, and had better pressure for awhile, but now it is back low. I really think my adjustable water pressure regulator is part of the problem, but hesitate to stop using it. Someone told me that he thought that new higher end RVs had built in water regulators.

Does anyone know if a 2015 Landmark Grand Canyon would have a built in regulator? I had never heard that they did.

Just took the regulator off, and running straight from hydrant to RV, have good pressure so I guess it is regulator problems.

jbeletti

George - as you surmised, no built-in water pressure regulator.

Sounds like you found the problem. Wondering if your external regulator needs a soaking in vinegar?

Chippendale

Thanks Jim, that is what I thought. You very well may be correct, a good ole vinegar bath may be in order, at least worth trying before sending it to the trash can.

See you next week at Coffee Creek.

George

jbeletti

Thanks Jim, that is what I thought. You very well may be correct, a good ole vinegar bath may be in order, at least worth trying before sending it to the trash can.

George

We arrive on Monday. See you next week!

Bob.jr

George
Is your regular adjustable?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J327A using Tapatalk

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
If your regulator was working fine and then you started to loose pressure/flow, then it is likely that it's become clogged. Did you have it before your filters or after? I have mine after the filters. Not too worried about blowing up the filter canisters since they're rated for 100 psi and I have a gage in front of them just to be sure they're not seeing excessive pressure (not likely at our CG, anyways). What make/model of regulator are you using?