What is the difference between the various Heartland brands?

MountainDon

Hello All,

I am new to heartland and not tremendously experienced with RV's in general. We are the proud owners of a 2017 Northtrail 21FBS and are very impressed with the brand, and therefore Heartland.

As i read through peoples posts. I heep a heartland website window open, so that when people reference their rig, I can look it up to see what they are talking about.

In doing so, I wonder what is the difference between the various brands. I certainly understand luxury brands, or toy hauler or in our case lightweight TT, but in each category, is there a hierarchy? Are some brands better than others?

When you pick a new trailer are you just looking for a floorplan or do the brands themselves have differences that would lead you to one versus the other??

Curious newbie

Don

BWStark

To answer your last question; we looked for a floor plan that suited our lifestyle, then looked at different makes with that same basic plan then bought the one we most liked and as our budget allowed.

Most of your family owned businesses have now been bought up by the Thor dynasty. When these companies I think most of them gave better customer service because there was a family name associated with the product. Some of them also went a little further with their design such as designing the frame to match the design and weight of the trailer. Jayco, heartland, cameo were some of the ones with better reviews. Some of the more luxurious will have better trim, cabinetry, etc. The other thing for me that makes or breaks a deal is finding a good dealership that has a good service department. The best one I have ever dealt with is Hayes RV in Longview, TX. Been in business since 1949 and their service has been excellent.

In general to get the most out of your Rving experience find a floor plan that works for your lifestyle and fits your budget and your means to safely haul it. Go out and enjoy it. Especially with kids it makes great memories.

MCTalley

I opened the Heartland RVs site and, using the Products drop-down menu, I noticed that they generally have the brands organized from highest to lowest in each category. For example, looking at the "Luxury" category, they have the brands Landmark, Bighorn and Big Country listed in the order of high to low. The same held true for the luxury toy haulers. For all the other categories, I'm not an expert, so someone else can comment if they seem to hold to the same high-to-low format for those other lines.

My awesome wife and I were shopping for travel trailers after having a tent trailer that was more trouble than it was worth. We shopped for the best floor plan, what we could safely pull, and quality within our budget. We almost bought one that we liked that was another brand, but after the dust settled, we went with a 2018 North Trail 21fbs. At first, we didn't want to buy new, but after the troubles we had with our used tent trailer, we changed our minds. At first, we didn't want one with a slide-out, but were quickly sold on the roominess it provided. We're very happy with our choice. I'll save the "I had to buy a bigger truck to pull it" story for another post.