Moving On

BigGuy82

I just pulled the trigger and ordered a new Grand Design 374TH-R Solitude toy hauler. I've been very happy with my Heartland Bighorn, but the Solitude's "under bed" garage, front salon design won me over. Heartland didn't offer anything close to the living space that this unit has and we just needed enough garage room to store the Goldwing (Jim - a note for you to pass this along to Heartland. If they had it, I would have bought it. A couple other manufacturers have adopted it and it is popular). One big feature for me was the ability to use the garage as an actual garage - I can park the Goldwing in there when it's not in use and still have the same amount of living space.

As well as being very pleased with my Bighorn, I have also been very impressed by this forum. The amount I have learned is amazing and I hope that I have been able to contribute at least something to the knowledge base. I'll still be haunting these pages for general information because the Grand Design forum, while certainly being useful, isn't nearly as large in scope as this one.

Safe travels to everyone here and thanks for all of the help!

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
I just pulled the trigger and ordered a new Grand Design 374TH-R Solitude toy hauler. I've been very happy with my Heartland Bighorn, but the Solitude's "under bed" garage, front salon design won me over. Heartland didn't offer anything close to the living space that this unit has and we just needed enough garage room to store the Goldwing (Jim - a note for you to pass this along to Heartland. If they had it, I would have bought it. A couple other manufacturers have adopted it and it is popular). One big feature for me was the ability to use the garage as an actual garage - I can park the Goldwing in there when it's not in use and still have the same amount of living space.

As well as being very pleased with my Bighorn, I have also been very impressed by this forum. The amount I have learned is amazing and I hope that I have been able to contribute at least something to the knowledge base. I'll still be haunting these pages for general information because the Grand Design forum, while certainly being useful, isn't nearly as large in scope as this one.

Safe travels to everyone here and thanks for all of the help!

I've seen that plan in person and it looks really unique. I would look very carefully at the running gear (7k axles on a 20k GVWR?), and make sure the tow/payload capacity of your truck is adequate for it.

We wish you luck! You're still welcome to keep contributing to the discussions. We all are RVing after all!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jbeletti

Hi Dick - thanks for letting us know your plans. Happy to have had you here. I've passed your notes along to our Cyclone GM. Wishing you all the best in the next chapter of your RV adventure.

BigGuy82

I've seen that plan in person and it looks really unique. I would look very carefully at the running gear (7k axles on a 20k GVWR?), and make sure the tow/payload capacity of your truck is adequate for it.

We wish you luck! You're still welcome to keep contributing to the discussions. We all are RVing after all!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the tips. The truck is comfortably within the specs. With the axles, they are 7K Dexters - and should be OK, but like you, I like a safety margin. I'll likely swap them out when I install the disc brakes. Might also go with MorRyde IS but that may be a little pricey for my blood.

Thanks and safe travels!