Small gutter leak on passenger side

PeterS

This seems to be an issue with many TT's...where the two gutter parts connect, typically near the front door, it seems to drip through eventually.
We tried GOO, silicon and other glue-style materials to seal it off, all to no avail.
What is the best option someone has found to stop this permanently?

Secondly, why would the RV builders not move the seam to the rear of the RV?

PondSkum

This seems to be an issue with many TT's...where the two gutter parts connect, typically near the front door, it seems to drip through eventually.
We tried GOO, silicon and other glue-style materials to seal it off, all to no avail.
What is the best option someone has found to stop this permanently?

Secondly, why would the RV builders not move the seam to the rear of the RV?

I hope we get someone with a good answer, cuz I have the same problem and haven't gotten it to seal either... And it drips RIGHT on the door, so you get dripped on when trying to enter or exit.

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
Fixed all of mine by thoroughly cleaning the area by removing all the pre existing caulk and any dirt build up. Then I applied a thin layer of adhesive caulk to the inside bottom of the gutter. I have no eternal bond tape so I cut a small piece of white electrical tape that I applied to the caulk in the gutter.
Performed this last summer, so far so good.
One would think this gutter would be available in a length long enough that it be installed without any seams

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hoefler

Clean thuroughly, I use alcohol, Place a section of 3/8" fuel line in gutter, from the bottom side, apply a thin coat of Dicor Lap sealant, not the self leveling, let cure, remove fuel line.

Last edited:

MTPockets

I had same issue on both sides. I used a small strip of Eternabond on inside of gutter. Problem solved. I think the key is to remove any old sealant and repair on the inside.

PeterS

Tried a piece of the ETERNABOND roof repair stuff last week...very hard to get into the gutter with my fingers...dripping reduced by 90%..but after foggy and very condensation heavy nights it still dripped. Added a thick layer of GOOP..will see how it goes next trip.

How do you get into this narrow gutter to properly clean?

Kinguni

Clean thuroughly, I use alcohol, Place a section of 3/8" fuel line in gutter, from the bottom side, apply a thin coat of Dicor Lap sealant, not the self leveling, let cure, fuel line.
I have leaks on both sides, in particular over the front door. I'm thinking this method may be the easiest. The driver's side leak is over the slide room gutter so it's not as big a concern. One little piece of overall shoddy workmanship.

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
How do you get into this narrow gutter to properly clean?

Small plastic putty knife, old toothbrush, some 409, alcohol, a couple small needle nose pliers.
Small area, small tools, patience

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk