Is there lino under living room carpet?

Gadgetman

2016 BH 3160EL;

I want to remove the living room carpet. Is there linoleum under it all the way to the back wall (under the couch)???

Can I also remove the carpet from the door side slide? Would like to replace that with matching lino like the rest of the floor.

BigJim45

Luv'n Life
2016 BH 3160EL;

I want to remove the living room carpet. Is there linoleum under it all the way to the back wall (under the couch)???

Can I also remove the carpet from the door side slide? Would like to replace that with matching lino like the rest of the floor.

I have looked under the carpet on mine and found that it is not linoleum but a wood composite. As far as the slide, it's wood under the carpet also.

my rig is a 2016 3270RS which is very similar to yours.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bobby A

If you do remove the carpet and replace with leno, you might want to have a piece of luon, (sorry don't know how to spell it) to put under your rollers when putting your slides in and out to keep from damaging your new flooring. JMHO

Last edited by a moderator:

jbeletti

Jack,

It's unlikely that linoleum will be found under the carpet. And where there is, it's likely to have a lot of staple holes in it.

Many owners have pulled the carpet and replaced with lino and other composite materials with great success. Far fewer however have removed the carpet from the flush slide room floor. The issue there is the space on the floor where the slide floor meets the main coach floor. It's best to cover that with a carpeted flap, but some have done this without the flap.

Moving this thread to a flooring sub-forum.