2013 BC 3251TS floodlight wiring

Milton_and_PeggySue

I have seen several posts on this issue but no resolution or answer to the problem. We have no way to turn on the floodlights because our remote control does not work. We want to wire the floodlights to the control panel and install switches but can't find the wires that go to the floodlights. Answers are definitely appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator:

danemayer

Hi Milton and Peggy Sue,

In your kitchen, perhaps on the front wall, near the control panel, take a flashlight and look inside all the cabinets. You'll probably have to empty them out one at a time as you look. If you find a cover panel inside, the "brain" with relays is probably behind that panel. Through a little trial and error, you should be able to determine which relay location controls the lights. Those are the wires you want to re-route up to the control panel.

Milton_and_PeggySue

Thanks for replying to my post:) Milton has tested every wire in the control panel, none of them light up the floodlights. Still trying to figure it out.:confused:

danemayer

You have to find the brain and relays that the remote operates. Once found, the appropriate wires can be extended TO the control panel.

mlpeloquin

I cannot say that your layout is the same as our Big Horn, but the "Brain" with the relay board is behind the panel with all the switches. If the remote will not turn on the proper relay to light the floodlights, a wire may have come off of the relay board. You can call Heartland with your vin number and ask just where the control board is located.

When my remote died, I purchased a new one. When I went to program it, I could not remember the order of the functions. I had to find the relay board to see which was connected to each relay and in what order to get the remote programmed properly. My remote light function is the first listed and operates the light under the stairs. In my friends Big Country, his light function operates the floodlights. The light function is the only one that cannot be programmed. It is the first by default and not programmable.

Milton_and_PeggySue

Okay, Milton finally figured it out. Thank you all for your responses and help;). He wrote this down for me to type. If it doesn't make sense to you, please ask for clarification. I admit that it doesn't make sense to me but I am not electrically savvy.

Taking apart the flood light assembly on the sides of the camper, you will see there is a blue wire (positive) and a white wire (ground) on the door side of the camper and a red wire (positive) and a white wire (ground) on the non-door side of the camper. Inside the camper, above the control panel is a fiberboard piece that is removable. Behind that piece of fiberboard you will see the same colored wires coming down from the ceiling. Find the positive source from the control panel (any positive red wire behind the control panel) to a new switch (you will need to buy a new switch to put in the slot for floodlights) and from the new switch to the blue wire. Both lights should come on at this point.

You can order a switch thru Heartland Customer Service.