water back flow thru filler port

This problem just started yesterday. We have a 3400RL, 3 months old. We stopped along the highway for the wife to use the facilities. I looked back thru my driver side mirror and noticed water flowing out of the docking station floor. As the wife used the pump to flush the toilet, the water was running out of the connection for the land water hose. Turned off the pump, water stopped. I attached a hose end off/on fitting in the filler, tried the pump and it primed, then stopped.
Question is, is there a back-flow device in that line that has failed?
Appreciate any answers or information you folks may have.
Thanks

jnbhobe

I'm not sure if the one way is at the pump or in the city water fill line but I'm sure there is one.You could try hooking up to city water to see if it will reset itself, if that doesn't work its time to pull the access panel in the basement.Goodluck,Jon:)

Terry H

Past Texas North Chapter Leader/Moderator
Staff member
Most all RV's have a check valve behind and built into the city water connection. There should be a plastic pin in the center that you can push and release with your finger.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Dave, Terry H is right, there is a check valve in the city water connection. Like he said, try jogging the pin with your finger or a soft pointed stick or something. If you can't get it "un stuck" it's an easy fix but your dealer should take care of it because of the pex fitting connector. Special tool required.