Countertop Dishwasher Pros and Cons

simsfmly

Ohio Chapter Leaders-retired
How many of you have gotten a countertop dishwasher? If so, what are the pros and cons? I'm not going to make a mod and install one, I was literally going to take up the space where the dirty dishes sit and put it there beside the sink on my BH 3670RL.

Thanks in advance.

Garypowell

I installed a sink top dishwasher 5 years ago. Tool out a cabinet shelf and backed it into a bathroom cabinet and have simply LOVED it. It has worked flawlessly. We travel about 6 months a year and tanks have worked with no problems.

I also installed an induction cook top (True Induction) and it too has been a great addition.

One of the moderators might be able to find my posts and list them.....lots of good pictures.

This brings back some good memories.

mlpeloquin

How many of you have gotten a countertop dishwasher? If so, what are the pros and cons? I'm not going to make a mod and install one, I was literally going to take up the space where the dirty dishes sit and put it there beside the sink on my BH 3670RL.

Thanks in advance.

That is what my sister did in her apartment galley kitchen. It works well and should do the same in your RV.

jerryjay11

Take it from an appliance service technician that the important thing to remember is water temperature. As long as the water used for a dishwasher is at minimum of 130 deg. F you will have good results. Get below that and the detergent won't handle the grease removal. Recommended temps for a dishwasher is 130 - 150 deg. F. Also most DW's run off a mechanical or electric timer which limits the heater operation so the incoming water needs to be hot as well, 120 deg F is recommended. So when looking for the right DW be sure to look for those features. There are some higher priced DW's that will pause the wash cycle until the temps are correct. You just have to do the research. I have been retired for a few years and do not remember which models do and I only got to work on home models that failed. But they all work the same.

hoefler

Attachments

• IMG_20180301_153650956 (002).jpg
    IMG_20180301_153650956 (002).jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 72
  • IMG_20180301_153658467 (002).jpg
    IMG_20180301_153658467 (002).jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 76

hoefler

Wiring and plumbing done.

Attachments

• IMG_20180312_160749726.jpg
    IMG_20180312_160749726.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 61
  • IMG_20180312_160756933.jpg
    IMG_20180312_160756933.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 58

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Wiring and plumbing done.

Looks amazing! Can you do some explaining on how you were able to get wiring and plumbing in that area for it to operate correctly? Maybe start your own thread?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hoefler

Looks amazing! Can you do some explaining on how you were able to get wiring and plumbing in that area for it to operate correctly? Maybe start your own thread?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank You

We had the gas cook top, ( no oven ), and a double door cabinet below with a shelf with a pull out I had made a few years ago, and pull out on the bottom. Removed the cook top, cabinet doors, and the pull out I had built several years ago. I left the pull out that was on the bottom. After cutting the cabinet top cross peice out and widening the opening, the dish washer fit perfectly. Had to replace the 3/16" plywood shelf with 7/16" OSB to get the level up to the front cross peice. I then installed one of the cabinet doors I had removed earlier sidways, the hinges on the bottom instead of the side, to close the remaining cabinet opening below the dishwasher. SInce I am a builder/remodeling contractor, I have some connections with a Corian dealer and had them fabricate and install a new counter top section. I ran a dedicated power supply from the breaker box to the location, and while I was doing that, I also ran a dedicated wire to the desk for a future fireplace install. Runing the water lines is fairly straight foward, with the biggest challange being adapting the drain line to the sink drains. All in all, not a bad job to do, I have less than a day and a half labor in it. Wife is happy, and that what's it all about.