M325 Bounce

DSweet

Any M325 owners out there have a bouncing issue in the rear living area? When we stand in the middle of that that living space and bounce just a little bit, the entire unit bounces as if it is sitting on an air mattress. I have added stabilizer jacks front and rear of the tires thinking that the unit is bouncing on the tires since it is so long. Also added slide out supports and I'm using the "X" chocks on the wheels. It is better with all of these additions but still there. Anyone with this same unit have this issue?
Ours is a 2018 M325. It's at the dealer having a few minor things worked on and they are going to check this out.

Thanks for any info I can get.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
That bounce you speak of is common to all trailers.
One thing that helps is putting a jack under the frame near the wheels.

Peace
Dave

DSweet

That bounce you speak of is common to all trailers.
One thing that helps is putting a jack under the frame near the wheels.

Peace
Dave
Of the 6 or so travel trailers that we have owned, this is the first one that has bounced like this one does. My wife and I also went to the local RV show this past weekend and checked many other brands of similar length and floorplan and none had this type of bounce. It may just be the way this trailer is. But it feels like a you are on a trampoline.
Thanks for the reply.

hoefler

Do you have rear stabilizers, near the bumper?? If not, add them, if you do, crank them up a bit more.

DSweet

Do you have rear stabilizers, near the bumper?? If not, add them, if you do, crank them up a bit more.
Yes, I have both front and rear electric auto adjusting stabilizers.

This may just be typical of this model. That's why I'm looking for someone with the same model to see if occurs with others.

DSweet

Just a follow up with info from the dealer. No problem found. The tail end of this model is so long, it has a natural bounce and bend to the "I" beams when putting the stabilizers down. The tail end is long due to the fact that the axles are mid trailer, rather than towards the back half of the unit. This design is to lower the hitch weight. I guess I will add a few stabilizers mid way between the axles and the back end.