2017 Bighorn 3585 Tail Light Out

help guy...have a 1/2 taillight out on lower right side,turn and brake work,took aprt,had water from car wash i persume,could not figer out the little led bulb thing..all help app..time to go rv,,,any bighorn owners in s.w. mt...bill and sally

rmeyer

Re: 2017 3585 taillight out

It is a sealed unit. You have to replace the assembly. Got mine at Auto Zone.

jbeletti

Bill - it may be time to replace the LED light if it was damaged by the car wash. Consider calling Heartland Customer Service today at 877-262-8032. They can sell and ship you a new light.

If the light is round, often, these can be purchased at Truck Stops or if you prefer, Amazon.com.

For20hunter

Pacific Region Directors-Retired
If you call Heartland RV's customer service at *(877) 262-8032 and have the last 6 of your VIN handy when you call. If its still under warranty you will be able to get them to ship you out a sealed unit directly to your doorstep at no cost, or if you'd prefer to have your local repair facility do the work, you can arrange it through them.

Rod

MCTalley

Make sure you don't have a bigger issue. I walked outside our rig one day to see A/C condensate running off my frame instead of off the gutter. I also had water seeping out of the rear cap around the taillights. Turns out the self-leveling sealant at the top-right had split and was allowing the A/C condensate to travel down inside the rear cap and exit out the bottom (and the taillight openings).

Note that mine was A/C condensate, but if it rained, the rain-water would have followed the same path.