Replacing Toilet in Sundance189MB

Has anyone replaced the toilet in the 2018 Sundance 189Mb from Dometic 300 to the Model 310. Looks like you need to modify the box behind the stool to get enough clearance. Hope someone has done this to help me out. Plastic stool just way to noisy. wakes everyone up when used a night!

RoadJunkie

Google (offset toilet flange) that may give you enough room

Hi PJ, I looked at this option and it looks like it would take quite a bit of work. I think you would have to cut the existing piping down and install the offset flange after elongating the existing hole? Am I looking at it correctly? Have you done this, or, has anyone on the forum?

Replaced the Dometic 300 with the 310 today and did not have to make any modifications. Unbolt and disconnect water and install the new one. Big improvement and thanks to Dometic for the great customer service

jbeletti

Hey Jim - great to see you on the forum again. Congrats on the 2018 Sundance. Hope all is going well with you. I follow you a bit on FB. Be well old friend.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Hey Jim - great to see you on the forum again. Congrats on the 2018 Sundance. Hope all is going well with you. I follow you a bit on FB. Be well old friend.
If I ever recover the files off my old hard drive, I have a pic of the two of you from somewhere in the UP.
You made a cute couple. :)

Peace
Dave