Water filter

sjrellis

I know I've seen a picture of one on here, in a milk crate and then slid under the 5er. I've searched for any info and cannot find any of what I've seen before. Help. TIA! What type of filter? Pros cons?

fljlcw

Hello jim fred here I use 2 filters 1st is A sediment type thats a 10 micron I think from walmart behind that I put one that looks like ceramic with charcoal in it that I got from CW sorry no pics

TXBobcat

Fulltime
Jim here is one idea that I found some time ago. I did not use this one but did a little different.
http://www.dmbruss.com/zFullTimeLifeStyle/FTLS_FreshWater.htm

Here is a couple of pictures of what I am using.
I went to Lowe's and bought two Westinghouse Filter bodies. I placed a coupler between them, brass hose connectors on the outside of the filters.
I bought a 90 degree brass quick disconnect that I use in the UDC, a 3ft 1/2 " hose to connect from the UDC to the filter case. I used a Wal-Mart plastic quick disconnect to go on the input side for my water hose. I bought a ½“ 36ft, custom length, for main hose to the shore post. I bought the brass 90* quick disconnect, non kink ½” hoses from the RV Water Filter Store. I also use a Watts 263A
RV water Filter store
http://www.rvwaterfilterstore.com/
http://www.rvwaterfilterstore.com/PressureRegulators.htm
Hope this is what your looking for.

Attachments

• DSC_1942M.jpg
    DSC_1942M.jpg
    132.8 KB · Views: 114
  • DSC_1944M2.jpg
    DSC_1944M2.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 97

SmokeyBare

Jim,

The dual filters I have are close to Bob's set up... with a small difference.

I put a Tee fitting on the intake side with a Hose bib valve on one end of the tee... and a female hose fitting in the center part of the Tee fitting.

This gives me another valve to use when I want to dump the black water... using a short hose connected to the Sani Flush. No need filtering the water going into the Sani Flush System.

I have been told... using a filter body that was clear... could allow algae to grow inside because of sunshine reaching the water. I don't know if it's true or not... one of mine is white plastic... the other is Stainless Steel connected together with a coupling.

TXBobcat

Fulltime
Marv
I use a Tee on the Shore post. Put my regulator on one side and then I can use a different hose to get full water pressure. The tee has a valve on each branch which also helps. My Filter bodies are clear. Have not had a problem yet. Have been using the filters since the first of the year.

I would like to see others response on the clear body.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
What marv is saying is true. I have the clear housings and I had algae in both filter housings. Our water still tasted fine but I was really surprised to see all that green. The new filters certainly flow better though

TXBobcat

Fulltime
Glad to learn about the algae. I will keep my eyes out for it..
Love this forum.. Learn something all the time..

jimtoo

As a dollar saver note. The exact same filter cartridges can be bought at True Value and some other smaller hardware chain stores, even Home Depot for a lot less than CW or the Filter store.

Larryheadhunter

X-Rookies Still Luving it
JimBo set mine up at the socal rally. What are your suggestions JimBo? What did you set me up with? I know I have a charcoal filter and a sediment filter.