Entertainment Center and options

fbords

Hi All!

I purchased a 2018 BH270 the other day and take delivery early next week. I had 2 questions I haven't been able to find the answer to.

1) I was wondering if any other BH270 owners could possible either tell me what size TV fits the Living room media center, or at least what the dimensions are so I can shop for a TV and possibly have it to install on delivery day. (I know, priorities)

2) I purchased the coach based on floorplan and price point. I found out AFTER I bought it that it had some features that went unannounced like the undercarriage lighting, LED awning etc. Is there some sort of remote control for that? It seems the salesperson was new and wasn't aware of those and the website listing had no mention either. However, after seeing this demo'd on Youtube, I spoke to the dealer and they said that they order all the same model for their inventory, so they should all have these. My local dealer kept trying to pass me around to service and parts departments.

Just curious about your experiences as owners.

danemayer

Hi fbords,

Congratulations on the new rig and welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum.

While you're waiting for feedback, take a look at the Owners Club Info, here. It's free to join, and doing so gets you into local chapter rallies at no cost along with other benefits.

Also, talke a look at our owner-written User Guides, here. They may answer questions that you didn't even know you had.

JKLM2011

Hi we bought a BH270 in January. A 32” tv fits in the opening. There should be a remote control for your awning lights in the refrigerator along with the radio remote. We found out you need to be right up on the left side of the awning to get the remote to work. The red undercarriage light work off a switch on your caninet just inside the door.

We we haven’t taken ours out yet our first trip is the beginning of next month. I have found some great blogs and rv trips on Pinterest.

Happy camping!
Mareca

fbords

Hi we bought a BH270 in January. A 32” tv fits in the opening. There should be a remote control for your awning lights in the refrigerator along with the radio remote. We found out you need to be right up on the left side of the awning to get the remote to work. The red undercarriage light work off a switch on your caninet just inside the door.

We we haven’t taken ours out yet our first trip is the beginning of next month. I have found some great blogs and rv trips on Pinterest.

Happy camping!
Mareca

Thanks Mareca! I actually found my remote buried someplace else just yesterday. Thanks also for the TV info. My under carriage lights work too, but do your outdoor speakers light up too? I reached out to Heartland and they said they should, but they don't. They recommended I take it into service to check it out. Curious if you have the same issue or not.

JKLM2011

Honestly I do not know, I didn't even check them. We have to keep it in storage (not allowed at our house) but are pulling it out in a couple weeks to dewinterize it and prep it for our first trip. I will check then and let you know. I'm sure by then you will have had yours checked.

I found a website www.ABLifestyles.net that will make custom bedding for the bunks. They run $99 and will be rounded on the one edge with the top and bottom sheet sewn together so they don't come untucked and fall out looking sloppy.

fbords

I found a website www.ABLifestyles.net that will make custom bedding for the bunks. They run $99 and will be rounded on the one edge with the top and bottom sheet sewn together so they don't come untucked and fall out looking sloppy.

OMG, thanks for that link. My wife has been looking for bedding options for the rounded mattresses. Let me know how the first trip goes!

JKLM2011

Welcome! We sure will, headed to Moab, UT.

I am an insane researcher and organizer my husband thinks I'm crazy! Until he needs a 2/16 widget and I have one! If your wife has Pinterest have her follow me mjmedsger (Mareca Medsger) I have tons of tips and hacks saved. I have also created checklists designed for our model using others that I found as examples. I will be happy to share. They are in a word document so you can modify them to your situation.

SCPOSWRET

I’m discussing this 1 on 1 via PM but would like a broad experience, if anyone has a suggestion or solution. It might be operator error or an actual wiring problem, however, I cannot for the life of me make the correct selections regarding zone 1 and zone 2 in order for the outside speaker to not come on. I don’t see that I’ll need outside speakers ON very often and I’m sure my neighbors don’t want to hear my music whenever my system feels like sending the music outside. The best I’ve been able to achieve so far is ONE speaker on outside, which in itself sounds a little odd. Seems like they should be either both off or both on, but then again, I don’t know, thats why I’m asking.
All suggestions and experiences shared on this topic are much appreciated.

JKLM2011

Hi We had ours out this last weekend. Our first dry camping experience! So we were able to fully play with everything. As far as the entertainment system zone 1 for inside and 2 outside we had both on, one on then the other. We always had on both outside speakers either on or off. Didn't know you could only have one.

That radio/entertainment system is a very difficult one. To get the zones off you actually have to hold the zone button for about 2-3 seconds for it to go off. When it does it will say Zone 2 off. Very similar to turning the actual power off. If that doesn't work you might have to take it in to get it looked at.