Red ligt switch

krehlert

Still kickin and screamin
What does the red light switch next to the entrance door for? I was told by the dealer that this is to make the water heater run on elctric but it does not work.

jnbhobe

It is the switch for the HW, but there is also a switch inside the water tank door.Look for a little black switch with a hair pin clip on it, pull the pin and turn it on, your electric element sould work then. Happy Camping, Jon;);)

tweber

Founding Wisconsin Chapter Leader-Retired
Karl, there is a second switch outside on the water heater. That switch must be turned on and then the one inside also needs to be on. You only have to turn the inside switch off when you do not want to heat water any longer. The electric heating system and the gas heating system can not be used at the same time. Good luck.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Karl, make sure the hot water heater is full of water before using the electric heating function. Very Important.

TXBobcat

Fulltime
The above posts are correct. The red switch in side turns on the hot water heater. The black rocker switch inside the door on the outside must be turned on also. To do this, as stated above, remove the pin first. Then you can turn the HW heater on and off from the inside.

The electric heating system and the gas heating system can not be used at the same time. Good luck.
Actually you can use both. If you are using the electric to heat water and you used a lot of the hot water you can turn on the propane heater also and heat the water faster.:eek:

FWIW

krehlert

Still kickin and screamin
Thanks all! I was not told at my PDI about the little black one inside the door, but I tried it yesterday and it works great! Thanks again...:)