What type of RV Roof is on the 3270 2015 BigHorn

Zosimus

I am trying to figure out what type of Roof is on the 2015 BigHorn RV TPO or EPDM

Thank you for your assistance

Last edited by a moderator:

MikeR

I am trying to figure out what type of Roof is on the 2015 BigHorn RV TPO or EPDM

Thank you for your assistance

If you pull the garnish trim off one of your exhaust fans, you should see some roof material that was stapled down around the opening for the fan. You will want to chsck the backside of the roof material. EPDM has a black material on the backside. TPO is the same color on the backside as the top.

ksucntry

Which is better? EPDM or TPO?

To be honest I am new to the RV world, but not to these roofing materials. Selling and teaching others how to use them for over 20 yrs. TPO is a faster install but not a better product. EPDM is a more forgiving and tougher material. Will last longer and be more flexible with contraction and expansion of the RV.
Brian

Thank you for your reply regarding roofing materials. EPDM looks like the way to go. Also, I understand that Lance Campers (now owned by the REV Group) is using Permabond/Eternabond tape on their sloped roofing joints. Apparently, it is virtually impervious to rot over time.

ksucntry

Thank you for your reply regarding roofing materials. EPDM looks like the way to go. Also, I understand that Lance Campers (now owned by the REV Group) is using Permabond/Eternabond tape on their sloped roofing joints. Apparently, it is virtually impervious to rot over time.

Eternabond is an excellent product, it does a great job with repairs but honestly the standard tape that any manufacturer offers would do just as good a job seaming 2 pcs of EPDM together. If a product works or fails has a lot more to do with the quality of the installation than the product itself these days. a bad install will show back up within months on a bldg roof but might take longer to come up on an RV roof