Truck to tow a Cyclone 3850?

We are planning to purchase a Cyclone 3850. We are trying to figure out if we are able to pull this trailer with a 2009 Dodge Ram 3500 dually Quad Cab 4x4 Cummins Diesel 6.7L. We will be hauling two harleys.

Can someone help us determine that this truck will be feasible. We are really confused on how to determine the GCWR/GVWR.

Thanks, Bobby/Debbie

fljlcw

GCWR gross combined weight rating is wt.of entire rig truck trailer and cargo GVWR is gross vehicle wt. rating wt. of truck or trailer seperately hope this helps

JimandSina

I tow an 2009 Cyclone 3950 with a 2008 Dodge Ram 3500 CC, LWB, w/CTD and 6 speed automatic and it does great, and I am hauling an Ultra Classic and have had more then 1 Harley back there with zero problems, by the way the built in exhaust brake is terrific when your descending steep grades.

R.Pratt

we pull the 3850 with two bikes inside and have an 08 cc sb duramax allison
we love everything but the mileage, but honestly if you didnt expect that then you really werent doing alot of towing or research prior to buying a FW
enjoy!!

racermom

We pull our 4012 with an 06 Dodge dully 5.9 cummins 6 speed manual, fully loaded down with 2 large dirt bikes, 1 small dirt bike and Polaris 500. With no troubles. The truck loves the work.

DW_Gray

Before I arrived at my current location at Vandenberg AFB FamCamp, I decided to pull across the scales on base and weigh the TV and RV together. Boy was I surprised. My gross combined weight was 26,000 pounds! I backed it off, re-zeroed and tried it again and it was the same. That was much more than I expected. The interesting thing is I didn't notice any difference in towing when the RV was brand new and empty. I am rethinking ways to reduce my load some. I don't think my rear axle is maxed out though. I'll have to check that on another scale in town.

fby737

You can catch my comments and others on my recent matching of a 2009 Dodge Mega 2500 6.7 single and a 2010 Cyclone 3850 at thread //heartlandowners.org/images/misc/tag.png Cyclone, Short Bed and Non-Slider Hitch . I am very pleased with the results. Did order the 3850 with dual pane glass and dual AC; kept it comfortable in 105 degree temps in direct Sun in Texas - would recommend these options if spending any time in these temps. 8 mpg, but I am dragging my winter home with me. Best of luck.

escs36

i bought a 3912 and used my f-350 to pull it. the truck is all modified. you name it, is has it. i immediately bought a f-550. night and day difference. the f-550 can stop the trailer without the trailer brakes. the f-350 is dependent on the trailer brakes. extremely unsafe. yes a 1 ton can pull just fine, but is it legal and safe. the f-550 feels so much better pulling. it is a strange sensation to describe. i feel like i can relax a little while driving, while with the f-350 i felt like i was constantly on the edge of my seat.

08 F-450 4x4 4.30 gear. Was pulling with a 07 Megacab 2500 4x4 with 6.7 6 speed auto. What a huge difference. The duals make it so much steadier