Ford OEM hitch or B&W

WyoCyclone

Greetings all,
I have a new Ford F-350 but it did not come with the gooseneck prep package. I'm looking at the OEM hitch with the puck system, however, they are on back order and no idea when they will have one. The closest one I found was in CO, however, it will be over $800 to get it all shipped. On the other hand I can get the standard B&W set up for around $540. I really liked the puck system even though I will be using an Anderson hitch. I just don't really care for the pull lever in the wheel well on the B&W system. I have had two B&Ws and they were just fine, but wanted to go with something different. Any advantages to either??

richheck

Seasoned Member
Ford OEM hitch or B&W

Greetings all,
I have a new Ford F-350 but it did not come with the gooseneck prep package. I'm looking at the OEM hitch with the puck system, however, they are on back order and no idea when they will have one. The closest one I found was in CO, however, it will be over $800 to get it all shipped. On the other hand I can get the standard B&W set up for around $540. I really liked the puck system even though I will be using an Anderson hitch. I just don't really care for the pull lever in the wheel well on the B&W system. I have had two B&Ws and they were just fine, but wanted to go with something different. Any advantages to either??

I’m using the B&W with the Ford OEM puck system and wouldn’t even think of going with the Ford hitch over the B&W. I’ve used the B&W hitch for over 15 years, had the change out the lower portion when we upgraded to the F350 DWD with the factory puck system.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Wmnmy

I have the ford puck system and the Reese base plate with my Anderson and love it no problems and a tight fit which will not allow the Anderson hitch to move like on the gooseneck ball set up ...

RoadJunkie

I have the ford puck system and the Reese base plate with my Anderson and love it no problems and a tight fit which will not allow the Anderson hitch to move like on the gooseneck ball set up ...

Hey William...when you coming back up to Sand Hollow?

Wmnmy

I’m trying to get there got a few va appointments this coming month I’ll squeeze a couple days probably March or April

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lou_and_Bette

Re: Ford OEM hitch or B&W

I’m using the B&W with the Ford OEM puck system and wouldn’t even think of going with the Ford hitch over the B&W. I’ve used the B&W hitch for over 15 years, had the change out the lower portion when we upgraded to the F350 DWD with the factory puck system.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Ditto for me also.

RoadJunkie

I’m trying to get there got a few va appointments this coming month I’ll squeeze a couple days probably March or April

Keep me posted, if April we could come out to say howdy.

SNOKING

If you go with the Andersen, which many like, just be sure to remove the king pin adapter if you leave the trailer with ANYONE for service. Lots of reports of the adapter being damaged by the forklift guys. Chris

For20hunter

Pacific Region Directors-Retired
I have used both. We had the Ford (Reese) fifth wheel hitch for 6 years on our 2012 F350 and when we got our new F450 we ordered the B&W. I can tell you that the B&W is far superior and you will never deal with the issues of unhooking a hitch that binds. The ride and tightness of it is far superior than the Ford (Reese) hitch as well.

Rod

Wmnmy

That is so true I had to remove mine twice but it was easy 5min to take it off and put it back on each time I had my rig serviced.

travlingman

Greetings all,

The way I read your post, you are asking which system(Ford puck verses B&W gooseneck ball) to use for your Anderson hitch, and not what hitch to buy. I would go with the Ford puck system. With the Ford system, if you get the gooseneck to, you can use a Curt ball for your Anderson or the puck, your choosing. If you decide to change types of hitch, the puck system allows you options verses being tied to B&W.

Check around with some local hitch installers. I would think you could get it installed for the price mentioned.