Wall coming loose

ORV1980

Sherman
The wall on our Newport is coming apart. It is the wall between the kitchen and the rear bathroom. We had the rig in the shop for some repairs including the wall. They put a bunch of staples along the edge of the wall panel. Wallpaper tape has been ordered and we are supposed to go back to have the job finished up. On the trip back to the campground the wall panel came loose again.
Has anybody else had this problem, and more importantly, is there a way to fix it so it won't fall apart every time we go down the road.

Attachments

• IMG_2933.jpg
    IMG_2933.jpg
    176 KB · Views: 121

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
I recall a similar problem from a while back. Seems that the wall panel was actually too long causing it to bow out. I'll look for the thread.
After the length was corrected the problem went away.
So check the panel for length before getting it back for proper repair.

Peace
Dave

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
This is not the thread I was thinking of but if you look at post #14 it outlines a possible cure for your problem.

Peace
Dave

ORV1980

Sherman
I recall a similar problem from a while back. Seems that the wall panel was actually too long causing it to bow out. I'll look for the thread.
After the length was corrected the problem went away.
So check the panel for length before getting it back for proper repair.

Peace
Dave

The panel was trimmed off about an 1/8" during the repair.
Thanks though.

Oldelevatorman

Same trailer, same problem but it hasn't happened to us in quite a while. It must have fixed itself. It pulls out from behind the trim over top of it. I pulled the trim away and put some panelling nails in a few spots and it seems to have helped. Hope the dealer can fix it for you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Early on, the wall of our main slide was pulling away at the edge. Seems they tried to attach it with staples into the foam instead of the wood framing. A bead of Liquid Nails and properly placed staples was all I had to do to reattach it. Been good for years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk