2018 Bighorn 3970RD - Fridge question

Hello Everyone,

Just brought my new bighorn home yesterday, and having trouble priming the fridge. I turned the valve on under the sink, but when trying to get the water to come out of the dispenser, it never comes. I don't see any crimped water lines. Any ideas I can try? Thanks!

Will

Oregon_Camper

I don't have a residential refrigerator in our Bighorn, so excuse this question if it seems silly. :)

Does your refrigerator have a filter inside? I had the water flow stop in our home refrigerator when I didn't get the filter all the way back on when I was replacing the old one.

dieseldog

Underneath the fridge slide outside is a valve to drain out the water line to winterize. You could crack that open a smidge to verify the water is reaching there. If so then follow that line around to where it goes up through the floor and the backside of the fridge. It may be kinked there somewhere. Mine did take a while to bleed the air out when I switched the lines out to stainless steel and put a fresh water filter in the fridge at the same time.

CoveredWagon

The line at the back of the fridge that feeds the blue solenoid (ice maker water feed) was kinked. It was kinked quit a ways up above the access panel on the outside. I decided something was going to happen one way or the other so I disconnected it from the solenoid pulled the tape off that was holding it to the back of the fridge and pulled it out. There it was a kink way up out of site. I made a soft loop taped it back down and it’s worked ever since.

Thank you all for your responses. Turns out the line was kinked behind the fridge... Glad to have t fixed, that was frustrating.

Will