2018 Bighorn - hole in the finish

I missed this hole in the finish when I did the PDI since it can't be seen from the ground. What can I fill the hole with to prevent further wear over time?

Attachments

• image1.jpeg
    image1.jpeg
    58.9 KB · Views: 121

jerryjay11

Looks to be fiberglass so I would look to a marine supplier like West Marine for a Gelcoat Repair Kit. They come with coloring agents so you can match your color. Used it on my last camper.

porthole

Retired
I missed this hole in the finish when I did the PDI since it can't be seen from the ground. What can I fill the hole with to prevent further wear over time?

Where is this hole? it looks like it is in the fiberglass, so you should repair. Marine-Tex is one option. If you fill the hole properly and leave it just slightly proud you can sand it down and buff it to a finish near what you have on the glass.

I would grind out the hole a bit and make it smooth and rounder.

Marine-Tex

- - - Updated - - -

And it looks like you have a crack in the gel-coat outside of the hole, if so you should grind that out some. A slight V-shaped groove would work.

fiberglass_chip.jpeg

porthole

Retired
And I forgot to add, if it is exposed most of the time you should probably paint over it (as with any epoxy repair).

Mark-Roberta 051995

So - my .02 worth here.

If this is a new unit - why not take it back to the dealer and tell them to repair it or did this happen during your travels from road debris?

Mark