Location to Drill through for dryer vent

I have a bighorn traveler 39MB and about to install my splendide washer/dryer and there is no spot or identifying marks to tell me where to drill the hole through the rig. I don't want to hit anything like a stud, or wires. I've been trying to contact heartland to get blueprints or schematics of the front room to make sure I do This correctly. Any advice? or if anyone can give me measurements that I can use please help me out, I'm getting a little frustrated with this.

Thanks guys/gals

Gaffer

Get a good stud finder to miss the stud. It will show a change in density where the framing is.

CDN

B and B
If in the closet in the bedroom.make sure the fieglass cap location is taken into consideration. I saw one the was cut too close to the cap edge and molding. In my Bighorn there is a sticker inside the closet saying drill here.

If in the closet in the bedroom.make sure the fieglass cap location is taken into consideration. I saw one the was cut too close to the cap edge and molding. In my Bighorn there is a sticker inside the closet saying drill here.

Lucky! i don't know why they just didn't do that for mine as well. That would save a ton of headache right now. I didn't want to get too close to the cap so i was gonna set it back a bit. About how high would you think it should be? Equal to the height of the vent from the dryer? or higher?

- - - Updated - - -

Get a good stud finder to miss the stud. It will show a change in density where the framing is.

I have one but i can't get a consistant reading from it to feel confident enough that is where to drill. Its not a super expensive one but it works. It probably works better for Stick n brick applications.

-BLD-

I so hate to drill through the wall so that is why I am considering the ventless washer/dryer combo. Just the two of us and no kids.
Will be watching for posts regarding this dryer vent. Haven't bought the washer/dryer yet.

lynndiwagoner

Do some measuring and find the approximate spot. Trace the outline of the hole on the inside. Get a small drill bit and start drilling holes around the outlined hole. If you hit a stud you will know it. Re-position the hole accordingly and drill again. Once you can drill the paneling through from the inside you will be OK to drill the main hole. My hole is higher than the output of the dryer.

athompson

I have a Heartland road warrior 427 with 2 decks, 1 being on the side. I need to place a dryer vent but do not know where to place it. Any suggestions? Also I need some input and advise on vented washer/dryer combo's. Do they work well? Do they have issues? How long does it take for a complete w/d cycle to run? Can I put a regular(residential) combo w/d unit in my rig?

carl.swoyer

I have a bighorn traveler 39MB and about to install my splendide washer/dryer and there is no spot or identifying marks to tell me where to drill the hole through the rig. I don't want to hit anything like a stud, or wires. I've been trying to contact heartland to get blueprints or schematics of the front room to make sure I do This correctly. Any advice? or if anyone can give me measurements that I can use please help me out, I'm getting a little frustrated with this.

Thanks guys/gals
All I can say is a skematic from the engineering team. Then verify carefully. Some one on the forum drilled where the factory indicated to drill and hit a stud.
I would start with a small hole and probe left and right.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

mlpeloquin

Get a good wood and metal stud finder to locate the studs. If you are in a location that due forms on the outside, the stud locations become very visible. Mark the center between and drill there. I used a wood/metal stud finder and located the studs that way. If I used the location that the factory marked, I too would have drilled into a stud.